Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 06-18-2007   #1

Default Radiient Home Theater Speakers

I've recently purchased my second set of home theater speakers from Radiient Technologies. www.radiient.com
I'm quite impressed with the quality construction and great sound of the speakers; plus the exceptionally low price and free shipping.

Have others tried these speakers? I've read favorable reviews about them, comparing them with speakers in the $1,500 a pair range.

I currently own a set of the Radiient Helios speakers and purchased a set of the Calypso speakers for a friend and client. We're both estatic with them.

Eventhough they are setup as a 5.1 system (sub not included); I have not had a need for using the rear surround speakers that come with the package. But for only $250 or so, I'm not too concerned that I've wasted any money by not putting the rear channel speakers to use.

Thoughts?

HiTech Upgrades.com
clinthicum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #2

Default Re: Radiient Home Theater Speakers

Hi Chris,
I have been very intriuged by Radiient. How would you describe their sound?
pschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #3
Jim

Wink Re: Radiient Home Theater Speakers

Love the Europas. Took awhile to break in, but for $99 and free shipping with a 30 day reurn policy...sweet deal. They come with brass spikes, too. Mid range/woofer are biaxial. Great for classical music as they are a bit on the warm side, but the top mounted silk dome tweeter is smooth! Jim
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #4

I'm going to bump this because we have a samsung plasma that we plan on moving to the bedroom. The Calypso set would definitely be affordable and would be matched to an older Sony HTiB receiver. After the receiver was bought, I purchased some sony 8" towers and an extra Sony sub. The system has treated us pretty well I guess. I want to know if the Calypso speakers sound would be worth it audibly. This system will be in a bedroom, and I feel the sony speakers' sound is pretty thin. Anyone have experience with the Calypsos?
pschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #5

I have heard that the Radient speakers are pretty good. Their value is top notch.

I know the founder of the company and like the way they run things there. Their HDMI switcher has its merrits too.
Sponsored Links

Tags
calypso, forums, hd, helios, home, ht, loudspeaker, loudspeakers, radient, radiient, speaker, speakers, spikes, system, technologies, theater