Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 04-27-2008   #13

Default Re: In-Ceiling Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
There is a Dentist 2 houses down from me. He has a 911 Turbo and a Ferrari F430. So, it might be worth going back to work. . .
I haven't had my hands in anyone's mouth since 1991, would you be my first victim, excuse me patient?

One of the major reasons I retired early was the realization that expensive cars, houses, boats, and other related luxuries place you in the position of having a big nut to crack every month and theres no going back!
Bottom line, money itself is for making your life more convenient, It's not love and won't make you happy.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #14

Problem 1: How do i find a good sound engineer and installer in my area? My front room is a kitchen, dining and living room cavern--about 40' by 25' by 14' high. If I don't get a quality engineer/installer for the surround sound it won't matter much what I buy.

Problem 2: I can buy new Infinity ERS 610's in wall (put up 4 if I need to); Model Three V bookshelf Cascade Infinities x2; 1 Model Three C center channel; and 1 Model Fifteen Cascade Sub---all for only $2,575. Through the store it is about $5000 for the speakers.
a. Is the equip good enough to put up? Or go with MB Quart? Something else?
b. I see Polk LC265i-lP in-wall's are very good--but $3,000 for the pair. I am looking at in walls as my wife would like to avoid some huge speakers sitting in the dining area--I would too if I can get close on the sound with an in-wall. Will the Polk's come close to the Martin Logan Montage Floor speakers?
c. Because of the size of the room will I have to have an amp too? I have been reading about the AudioControl Savoy amp for $2,500. But they want that matched with a AudioControl Maestro M2 Surround Pre/Pro for $2,400----then I am out $5000 just for pair--plus speakers, Denon receiver, etc.

HELP!!!!!
sholden125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #15
wes

Cool Re: In-Ceiling Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
I haven't had my hands in anyone's mouth since 1991, would you be my first victim, excuse me patient?

One of the major reasons I retired early was the realization that expensive cars, houses, boats, and other related luxuries place you in the position of having a big nut to crack every month and theres no going back! Bottom line, money itself is for making your life more convenient, It's not love and won't make you happy.
As long as you are loaded then you can start creating your own problems, MONEY=HAPPINESS, any day give me a $100M and good health happiness will follow
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #16

sholden125
New Member,

Home theaters are similar to cars!
How fast you want to go depends on how much money you're willing to spend. Same with home theater, I'm sure some members could point you in the right directions but they'll need to know your budget. Of course the more involved you become the higher your budget seems to go.

As far as installers etc. use google and check out the Display Calibration threads on the AVS forum.
Old 05-11-2008   #17

I will check out Google and the thread here. I am hoping to do the speaker system and components for 10k or under. I know I could spend 50k in this market, but I want a resoably good system that serves surround and music listening.
Thanks for your insight!
sholden125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
As long as you are loaded then you can start creating your own problems, MONEY=HAPPINESS, any day give me a $100M and good health happiness will follow
Sorry,
Any request for charity is handled by my wife and the way she yelled at me this morning I'm sure she's not feeling too charitable. LOL

Money doesn't= happiness but being poor doesn't=happiness so I'll just relax and hope I don't out live my funds or I'll have to call you for a loan, after all, you are working and I'm unemployed. If you can figure out what I just said please let me know.

Ask Jerry and Kenny for the 100M, they have all the money on this forum.
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, 7nt, 802d, avs, bw, ceiling, forum, forums, location, signature, single, source, speaker, speakers, thread