Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 03-12-2008   #1

Default Has anyone ever heard of Crystal Acoustics THX-Select Certified Speakers?

I came across these speakers on HomeTheaterMag.com and a couple of other sites have reviews on a few of their systems. I've been trying to find as much as I can about them, but there really isn't that much out there. They have a 5.1 tower set (all THX-Select Certified) for around $2000. You can check out their website here at www.crystalaudiovideo.com. At first I thought they were "White-Van" speakers, but with THX certification (yes, I know that doesn't mean EVERYTHING, but it does mean SOMETHING) I don't see how they could be a scam. And they look pretty good too. I've been researching home theater speakers for a while now, and I think these might be the ones for me. I'm going to use them probably 80% Movies and 20% Music. Do you think they will do the job? I wish I could hear them before I bought them though. Thanks.
IndoSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #2

Smile Re: Has anyone ever heard of Crystal Acoustics THX-Select Certified Speakers?

The website looks legit, but, IMHO, they look like they are copying B&W.
You should at least give B&W an audition.
They have so may lines now, I'm sure you can find some @ your price point.
Besides, I know B&W sounds good. . . who knows about crystal acoutics?
http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
12, 2008, acoustic, acoustics, audio, center, certified, crystal, reviews, select, speakers, subwoofer, thx, tower, txt