Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 08-12-2007   #7

Default Re: Can on-wall speakers perform as well as floorstanders?

hi folks first post here, I have been looking into the exact same thing, for me i'm going on wall. I have auditioned the B&W XT2's and i thought they sounded great. BUT, the XT4's should really be the mains, and they are floor standers, so I have been going back and forth with this. I also auditioned the Anthony Gallo Refrence3 AV, and although a bit more pricey then the B&W, I loved the sound of those as well. I think the B&W had a little better low end, but I have a sub already and I just feel the gallos, can handle more power, and will also grow with my system better. I tried to find a dealer with the Def Techs Mythos8's but no luck. I would have really liked to hear them, I heard good things about them. Finally I think I am going with the Gallos, also because the reviews on them are all VERY positive! Good luck!
EJClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #8

Default Re: Can on-wall speakers perform as well as floorstanders?

Good choice. Having reviewed them personally I can say without a doubt, that the Gallo's are a fine speaker and some of the best on-walls out there today. I wish you could've heard the Def Tech's too, but trust me, you won't be sorry with the Gallo on-walls. Enjoy.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
42, audience, b7w, floorstanders, good, inwall, put, review, sat, sound, speaker, speakers, wall, walls, xt2