Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 11-02-2008   #31

Smile Re: Definitive Technology Mythos ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaudioman View Post
I have owned quite a few Audiophile setups which is how I rate the accuracy of a speaker ,as I go to many concerts or Jazz clubs. The Mythos -St is the finest speaker currently on the market for under $6k foroverall balance .
Yes there are speakers such as the bigger Maggi that may be more cohesive in the mids but not my much ,and the Maggi is not as dynamic ,the paradigm sigs are very good I just found the Mythos to be a little smoother and natural sounding ,and the Bass is outstanding. I did put some bigger brass cones under the speaker and I encourage everyone to use the Hifi tuning pure silver fuses - including all the equipment for it is cumulative in inner detail and focus,for compared to a standard steel buzzman fuse the resistance is hundreds of times lower and makes the speaker
that much better all around it makes the amp run easier No more Log jams of resistance, as well as the excellent DH labs power cords these small additions made the bass faster as well as better integration and definition. I am using the New Wyred for sound Ice amplifiers the ST -500 which is as good or better than the Bell Canto 1000s that are $4k this is $1600 with wbt connectors Hifituning fuses and a 20 amp iec connector
and I experimented and found the VooDoo Silver Dragon power cord a outstanding match for the amp .My system beats systems at 2x the cost all day long ,and the Oppo 983 dvd player destroys anything at $1k+ and it is under $400 check it out !
I have the Definitive ST Speakers where do you buy the fuses as i would like to try on my Speakers.
voigtskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #32

Thumbs up Re: Definitive Technology Mythos ST

ultra sysytems ,for the fuses and you ask for a little bigger one which is a 4.A slow blow ,
also if you truly want to hear the difference you need a good power cord the DH labs are a excellent choice also you need the 1.5 " spikes to have the clearance if you do these things it will improve the focus as well as the control of the Bass for the stock cord is rubbish compared a 11awg compared to a 16awg , good luck Paul.
aaudioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #33

Smile Re: Definitive Technology Mythos ST

audioman: Thanks for the info !!!! Where do purchase the spikes????? Thanks
voigtskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #34

Default Re: Definitive Technology Mythos ST

Hello for excellent brass cones go to http://www.soundocity.com/Oregondv/Outriggers.htm
these are 1/4 -20 threads you should get a decent teflon or similar washer for these x10 it will cost you around $125
Old 11-20-2008   #35

Default Re: Definitive Technology Mythos ST

the Definitive Techs Mythos St has been absolutely brilliant These speakers in some ways neat my Maggi 1.6 setup with Rel sub , that is saying something the imaging is outstanding as well as a almost electrostatic natural of the sound staging
and inner detail , sure the Maggis are a little more of a single wave form ,but not my much and once the Bass loosened up it is lightening fast without No overhang .I love the dual surrounds on the Mid drivers they never expose themself other than play cleanly and the tweeter is one of the sweetest metal done tweeters I have even encountered.I looked for several months and I had a budget of over $6k and ended up with the ST for $3500.Now I know why it is in the leading 2 magazines as one of the best buys out there. I must admit to get the most out f them a solid amplifier is needed ,they are so telling youn hear any garbage down stream.I have the Wyred 4 Sound ST- 250 amp with the Capacitor upgrades and this amp beat my Edge G-4 with mods,for an amp at undr $2k to beat a $5k amp that is well respected is a Great buy in my opinion.The B&O ICE amplifiers have finally struck Gold as a Superb match.
Old 11-21-2008   #36

Thumbs up Re: Definitive Technology Mythos ST

Excellent. kennyt has these, and raves about them as well.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, bp7002, def, definitive, mythos, reviews, revolution, set, speaker, st, sts, surround, tech, technology, ten