Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 02-26-2010   #91
Administrator

Default Re: Do you own (and use) any Vintage speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfle View Post
I know it's against all the rules, but with my quad system, I'm using Realistic Minimus 7s for the back channels.
What rules?
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010   #92

Cool Re: Do you own (and use) any Vintage speakers

The rules that say all your channels need to be identical.
barfle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010   #93
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfle View Post
The rules that say all your channels need to be identical.
I don't think that is a rule, but a strong recommendation.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #94

Hi. I have a pair of Wharfdale 8-inch full-range shelf/floor standing speakers. My father bought them about 30 years ago, and to this day, they still work OK. The enclosure is about 24x12x8. I think they are rated about 25-30 watts peak each.
AudioBuffToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011   #95

Smile Re: Do you own (and use) any Vintage speakers

Yes. I have a beautiful pair of B&W DM 3000's which I would never part with. I also have a pair of Tannoy SGM 10's (solid gold monitors). These would easily get my right arm instead. The Tannoys were purchased in 1990 in NYC for $750.00. My daughter took them to "goog will" two years ago without telling me. So I bought a replacement pair off ebay for $1500.00. The hi-fi dealer here has always carried B&W's so I have always compared the new models with the DM 3000's. Hey, they haven't come out with anything better yet. The diamond tweeters are a bunch of bull.
Bwdonohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #96

Have a hard time finding the appropriate speakers thread,but here goes.I've got a recent set of speakers RTI-A7 from Polk Audio.Of course,to complete a surround sound environment I need a few additional speakers.Since my big Polk speakers must do the bulk of the work,I guess that smaller additional speakers are the only thing I need to complete the surround sound.But what type are smaller speakers are necessary,eitherwhat we would refer as small shelf speakers or somewhat more performing speakers. And what price range would be recommended for each pair in order to get a satisfactory sound quality.
xsavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1801, 25, amt10b, authorized, bose, ess, florida, huntsville, infinity, loudspeakers, repair, rs, sale, speakers, stereo, vintage