Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 09-24-2009   #73

Default Re: Do you own (and use) any Vintage speakers

I bought a pair of Acousctic Mionitor PSM1250s for $3.50 at a garage sale. They perform very well, but I don't know much about them, original cost, quality rating etc. I believe they were made in the UK. If anyone knows please post.
sjbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #74

I have modern speakers for iPod. it sounds better than vintage speakers. Bigger speakers will generally have more bass.

Last edited by zmarks; 10-12-2009 at 01:02 AM..
zmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009   #75

kef 104.2

My wife redecorated the TV room and I am looking for a TV stand to put them in since they are black and now everything in the room is brown, any suggestions for this 36 inch tall bad boy?

Last edited by Manny; 10-17-2009 at 06:39 PM..
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #76

I guess all the speakers I use are sort of vintage. I still use my DCM Time Windows as surrounds in a 5.1 setup. The mains are Carver AL-IIIs. For bass reinforcement in the family room, I'm using a pair of AR3a speakers powered by a Carver cube. The mids and tweeters went a long time ago by being driven with an underpowered amp for many years, but the woofers survived. In my office I have realistic Minimus 7s powered by another M-400 cube. I also have a 5.1 setup of M&K speakers that are scattered in use around the house (from their previous incarnation, including am MX-125 Mk.II sub). My main sub is a Sunfire True Subwoofer Mk.II.
Old 10-25-2009   #77

I use a pair of Advent Baby II's i've owned since 1985 as the mains in my 5.1 system and they still sound as good as they did the day I got em......the rears are Boston Accoustic B40 V's I've had since the mid 90's.
hwkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #78

Question Re: Do you own (and use) any Vintage speakers

Not sure that I am in the right place - I have just purchased a vintage guitar speaker to go in a cabinet which will be powered via a valve amp.The speaker has a square voice coil with Titan For the Music Industry Ultra High Power on a label and elsewhere there is a printed green sticker with 8- 15 ohm on it and a red sticker with 772 35 written on it.I am trying to identify this speaker and work out it's wattage - all I have been told is that it came from an old guitar amp.Any ideas anyone?

If anyone wants a photo I can post one monday.
Regards

Tony
drakkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1801, 25, amt10b, authorized, bose, ess, florida, huntsville, infinity, loudspeakers, repair, rs, sale, speakers, stereo, vintage