Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 12-30-2007   #1

Default I have the coolest iPod speakers

MartinLogan Purity. Fully powered electrostatics that sound-get this-good straight out of an iPod. I'm still in the middle of my review but I thought I'd share this little tid bit.

The Purity speakers have changed the way I look at the next generation of high end audio, much like the BelCanto S300iu did. Truth be told, I'm more excited by the possibilities beyond the traditional source/preamp/amp/speaker model we've become accustomed to then anything in high end right now.

Are powered speakers the way to go in order to reach the next generation of audiophiles?

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #2

Default Re: I have the coolest iPod speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
MartinLogan Purity. Fully powered electrostatics that sound-get this-good straight out of an iPod. I'm still in the middle of my review but I thought I'd share this little tid bit.

The Purity speakers have changed the way I look at the next generation of high end audio, much like the BelCanto S300iu did. Truth be told, I'm more excited by the possibilities beyond the traditional source/preamp/amp/speaker model we've become accustomed to then anything in high end right now.

Are powered speakers the way to go in order to reach the next generation of audiophiles?
Totally off topic are you guys doing your top 100 again?

Great to hear about the Purity, it eliminates the need of an Amp.

Does make wiring a little bit different...
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #3

Our top 100 has become our Best of (what ever year) now. If you want our all time pics that's now in the Hall of Fame.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #4

I think you might be right Andrew, those are possibly the coolest iPod speakers to date... Until you get the CLX's....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #5

I'm partial to listening to my iPod using it's optical digital output directly to the digital input of my Meridian DSP5500 speakers. That setup bypasses the iPods budget DACs and analog circuits altogether. The music is encoded in Apple lossless of course.

Last edited by faberryman; 12-31-2007 at 06:43 AM..
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #6

I have heard those Logans this past weekend with a Rega Apollo as a source and I thought they sounded very nice. I didn't hear them with an iPod.

Just curious, how are you using an iPod with a digital out? I thought it was analog out only.
clew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
accessories, airport, audiophile, audiophiles, coolest, directly, forum, ipod, ipods, loudspeakers, meridian, purity, speaker, speakers, video