Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Loudspeakers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers-3/)
-   -   Paradigm Reference Studio 100v4, CC-690, Studio ADP 570 & Servo 15v2 Subwoofer Review (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers/126-paradigm-reference-studio-100v4-cc-690-studio-adp-570-servo-15v2-subwoofer-review.html)

AVRevForum.com 06-01-2007 04:41 PM

Paradigm Reference Studio 100v4, CC-690, Studio ADP 570 & Servo 15v2 Subwoofer Review

Read the review at

http://www.avrev.com/equip/paradigm_reference_studio/

and post your comments and questions here in this thread. Subscribe to a
thread to be informed when other AVRev.com readers post their comments and questions.

TheMoose 06-01-2007 07:15 PM

Re: Paradigm Reference Studio 100v4, CC-690, Studio ADP 570 & Servo 15v2 Subwoofer Re

These are what I'm saving my $$$$ for as my next set of speakers!
That is the exact setup I want except I'll be keeping my Paradigm PDR 12 subwoofer & saving $2500.

That put's them at a much more realistic price of aprox $4900.
That's still a lot of $$$$ on a Firefighters salary but Paradigm is known for giving it's customers the most bang for the buck!

Most the reviews I've read say these are as good as speakers costing 3-4 times as much, bang for the buck indeed.

kennyt 06-05-2007 02:06 PM

Re: Paradigm Reference Studio 100v4, CC-690, Studio ADP 570 & Servo 15v2 Subwoofer Re

Moose,

These speakers are still in my main HT, and when it comes to movies and aggressive music, they are absolutely amazing, factor in the price and you would be really hard pressed (many, myself included) would say almost impossible to beat for the money. Your room looks to be small, and the 100’s do require a solid three feet plus behind them to really produce the bass they can output….. Something to consider when buying them, I tried them close to the rear wall (as it appears your current system is situated) and they were slightly off in the low end. If you can give them room to breath they will reward you with bass to shake the house, and if you have an apartment/condo, produce levels that will rapidly get you to know the neighbors!

Ken

TheMoose 06-05-2007 02:31 PM

You make a good point, My living room is on the smallish side (24'x30') The 60's or even the 40's (which look to be the same except for cabinet size) may fit my room better.
A pair of 40's with a CC590 & 2 ADP 590 surrounds & adding a 2nd PDR 12 comes in at $3995 & should sound great in a room like mine.

I'll have to listen to that setup at my local dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyt (Post 379)
Moose,If you can give them room to breath they will reward you with bass to shake the house, and if you have an apartment/condo, produce levels that will rapidly get you to know the neighbors!

Ken

I'm in the country on a couple of acres, I have enough room between my house & my neighbors that they have never complained about the sound, & I have been known to crank up a good movie at 3am!!

kennyt 06-05-2007 02:43 PM

Moose,

Your room seems plenty big enough, but I do not know all the ins and outs of your situation there so tough to say. If you could move some things around, the 100's are truly stellar, and trust me, will more thsan fill that room size! Going smaller will obviously cost some bass, but with the right sub or subs you could compensate for that. My room is pretty large and opens on the rear to the kitchen and breakfast nook so my cubic feet aren't much different than yours I suspect. I would recomend, if you can do it, get the 100's and make the room for them, they will easily cover two channel listening, no sub needed. If not, as I said in the review, work down the line for what will fit your room and add sub/subs PRN. I must also add, the Servo 15 truly shook my skin on King Kong.... something no other sub has ever done to me and my 6'6" 250# frame, so if neighbors aren't an issue, consider getting one..... it's very musical and truly can blow the doors off most other subs!

KT

rolexdaytona 01-12-2008 07:10 PM

I came across this review and was quite surprised. this is what I'm looking to get. I already have the 100's. I'm holding off on everything else until my closing goes through. I've been looking at the cc-690 but I'm trying to get a good price on it. my dealer offered it to me for $1100, that's not much off the MSRP! I wanted the servo 15 but at $2200 I started reading some good reviews for other subs and I'm not sure what to get. I also want to get Anthem amps and pre/pro. I'm still on the fence if I want to spend so much money on interconnects and speaker cables though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. are DYI cables worth it? I'm by no means an audiophile, the closest thing I had to hi-end was my Bose 901 v5 and that was when I was in the Army. I first heard of Paradigm in Alaska out of all places.
One thing I wish Paradigm would fix on their website is the dealer locator. I wish it would give me a list of dealers in say x miles from my zip so I then can go and check them out personally. The dealer close to me is a "mega store" and their service SUCKS! all the sales people care about is their commission. I had one guy tell me had he known I wasn't ready to buy right then and there he wouldn't had spent so much time with me!:(WTF Customer service and fair prices are also part of auditioning hi-end systems. IMHO