Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 01-16-2008   #13

Default Re: Paradigm Reference Studio 100v4, CC-690, Studio ADP 570 & Servo 15v2 Subwoofer Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydaves View Post
Kennyt:

Didn't you replace your Paradigm setup with the Definitive Technology Mythos ST's?
I did.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008   #14

Default Re: Paradigm Reference Studio 100v4, CC-690, Studio ADP 570 & Servo 15v2 Subwoofer Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
These are what I'm saving my $$$$ for as my next set of speakers!
That is the exact setup I want except I'll be keeping my Paradigm PDR 12 subwoofer & saving $2500.

That put's them at a much more realistic price of aprox $4900.
That's still a lot of $$$$ on a Firefighters salary but Paradigm is known for giving it's customers the most bang for the buck!

Most the reviews I've read say these are as good as speakers costing 3-4 times as much, bang for the buck indeed.
Hey glad to know that you are a Firefighter. I've sold many a ps1000 ps1200 PDR 8/10/12's in my life, but if you are going all out - sell your pdr12 and go for the servo 15 with the x30 crossover - you won't regret it. As I've stated before I use to have a little coinage at one time in my life (military and working part time in high-end audio custom sales). One of our brands was Paradigm. I love the brand and the sound of the speakers. The servo 15 is one of the best subs that I've ever heard - I'd put it against any Velodyne no problem. Good taste Moose.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
I'd be sure to tell him since he wasn't interested in anything but money that he sure wouldn't be seeing any of yours!!

A local high end dealer is like that here, they aren't interested in talking to you unless you are ready to buy from them right now.
They will never get any of my $$$$.
That's why customers liked me as a salesman - I was passionate about the gear, I didn't care if you bought from me or not - I liked talking - as you can tell from the boards. It did help that i had my Military career but still - you must invest in people, are you looking for a short term sale or a long term - repeat business and friendship? The "only if you buy" mentality also has a lot to do with the ownership of the store - they set the philosophy for the store.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 100v4, 690, cc590, cc690, msrp, paradigm, reference, review, reviews, sale, speaker, studio, system, v5