Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 07-01-2010   #13

Default Re: What computer speakers are you using and why?

I'm using the NHT Pro M00/S00 combo with the NHT PVC (passive volume control). I have a Mac Pro as well and find these to be a superb set of studio monitors.
david.2357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #14

M-Audio AV40's. Also drive them direct with an iPod, accurate, good bang for buck.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...phileAV40.html
Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #15

I use a pair of Koss self powered HDM 315 given me by my son who bought them used from a pawn shop.
For serious listening I use my Koss ESP 950 electrostatic headphone, no sub required as they go down below 15 Hz
wilkinsb@telus.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010   #16

Klipsch ProMedias pretty much suck because they have so much boom from their subs. You pretty much have to turn the bass off for them to sound natural, and even then the treble is pretty grating. I bought a set and relegated them to my gaming PC for my (more forgiving, shall we say) girlfriend. For much better sound, I recommend the Cambridge Soundworks' MicroWorks II 2.1 set ($249). They used to have two smaller systems, the PCWorks ($79) and the SoundWorks ($149), but apparently both are discontinued and unavailable direct. All three of these Cambridge 2.1 systems were originally designed by Henry Kloss.

The MicroWorks speakers are small and don't emphasize mids or high frequencies like lesser PC speakers do; the sub is not boomy but naturally integrates into the satellites' sound output. I play the MicroWorks from my Mac Pro all day long, listening to my large iTunes library and watching occasional videos and DVDs. If you can, try and go to one of their stores and demo them; if not Cambridge has a very generous return policy.

Eric

-
GrtGrfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
best, computer, coputer, editing, end, forum, forums, high, homepage, reveal, revolution, show, speaker, speakers, tannoy