Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Loudspeakers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers-3/)
-   -   Martin Logan Source Speakers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers/1056-martin-logan-source-speakers.html)

Oscar 11-12-2007 03:26 PM

Thinking about buying Martin Logan Source Speakers

I'm thinking about buying the Martin Logan Source speakers but besides what the BB rep has told me I really don't know much about them. They run about $1,998.00 a pair, I don't consider that to be a lot of money but when I'm spending more than a $100 I like to make sure I'm buying quality stuff. Can someone please tell me if I should buys these or not, pros and cons etc... Thanks in advance for all your help.

JerryDelColliano 11-12-2007 04:23 PM

Re: Martin Logan Source Speakers

EVERYONE should own MartinLogans at least once. I have had them and LOVED them to tears. Their sound is so open and engaging that its hard not to love them.

Thier new industrial design is great and they can be run with less power than in the past.

If you are inclined to buy them - I say GO FOR IT. You will never regret it.

Lotus 11-13-2007 03:09 PM

Re: Thinking about buying Martin Logan Source Speakers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 6176)
I'm thinking about buying the Martin Logan Source speakers but besides what the BB rep has told me I really don't know much about them. They run about $1,998.00 a pair, I don't consider that to be a lot of money but when I'm spending more than a $100 I like to make sure I'm buying quality stuff. Can someone please tell me if I should buys these or not, pros and cons etc... Thanks in advance for all your help.

To get a nice electrostatic for $2,000 is a steal. You used to have to be in the industry to get that kind of price for an electrostat. I don't think BB carries their electrostatic centers, but you can find their new Motif center to match at your local ML dealer.

Robinson_A 11-13-2007 04:23 PM

I am taking delivery of the ML's new Purity loudspeaker any day now and honestly the wait is KILLING me. I too, love the ML sound. Plus, the Purity is a fully powered loudspeaker, something ML has never done, which means you can drive it with something as simple as an iPod. How cool is that. Expect my full review soon.

To anyone considering buying any ML speaker...do it. You will not be sorry. Now, if they'd hurry up and release the fullrange CLX my life can be complete.

Lotus 11-13-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robinson_A (Post 6201)
I am taking delivery of the ML's new Purity loudspeaker any day now and honestly the wait is KILLING me. I too, love the ML sound. Plus, the Purity is a fully powered loudspeaker, something ML has never done, which means you can drive it with something as simple as an iPod. How cool is that. Expect my full review soon.

To anyone considering buying any ML speaker...do it. You will not be sorry. Now, if they'd hurry up and release the fullrange CLX my life can be complete.

The Purity is also the same speaker as the source but with the internal amplifier. I'm really interested in finding out how that speaker sounds as well. I can't wait for your review. I hope ML did a good job putting a nice amp in it.

I thought the CLX was supposed to be out in September... should be any day now right?

Oscar 11-15-2007 04:50 PM

Ok guys i made up mind... I'm getting the ML's!! I just placed the order and i got lucky they had them at a store in L.A. so they should be in the Saturday. I also got a good deal on the A/V receiver. I bought the Denon AVR-2808CI and since i bought them together instead of it costing 1,199.00 he lowered it to $799.00. I'll make sure to write my review.