Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home Automation (http://www.avrev.com/forum/home-automation-35/)
-   -   Wireless HD A/V Distribution (http://www.avrev.com/forum/home-automation/4824-wireless-hd-v-distribution.html)

mcraghead 06-14-2010 06:31 AM

Wireless HD A/V Distribution

I was wondering if anyone knows of a wireless HD A/V distribution system? I want to distribute signals from my components (mostly satellite and maybe DVD/Blu-ray) to TVs in other rooms without components. I saw Eminent's EM7100 (iTrio) on the SmartHome.com website, but I don't know anything about the product other than what's in the product description. Does anyone have any experience with this product or any simular products? Thanks.

Michael K. Craghead

clinthicum 06-20-2010 09:47 PM

Re: Wireless HD A/V Distribution

I wouldn't recommend wireless unless it's point-to-point (like one AV rack to one TV in the same room)...the technology just isn't perfected yet. Audio channel delay lags and HDCP hiccups can occur and complicate (ie: annoy) use-ability.

Have you considered using a Cat5e (or Cat 6) based HD distribution system? Depending on your home's age and type of construction, it may be cheaper to run dual Cat5e wires to each room or TV that you're trying to reach.....as opposed to investing in a wireless solution.

I'm an integrator in Maryland and can help out if you have further questions. I'm also a dealer for HDMI/Cat5 distribution products (switches and matrixes) from Octava, Inc. Other products to consider would be those offerings from Gefen, CE Labs, etc. Ethereal just released a wireless HDTV sender/receiver solution too. (but it's not meant to be a multi-TV distribution system).

mcraghead 06-21-2010 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinthicum (Post 25078)
I wouldn't recommend wireless unless it's point-to-point (like one AV rack to one TV in the same room)...the technology just isn't perfected yet. Audio channel delay lags and HDCP hiccups can occur and complicate (ie: annoy) use-ability.

Have you considered using a Cat5e (or Cat 6) based HD distribution system? Depending on your home's age and type of construction, it may be cheaper to run dual Cat5e wires to each room or TV that you're trying to reach.....as opposed to investing in a wireless solution.

I'm an integrator in Maryland and can help out if you have further questions. I'm also a dealer for HDMI/Cat5 distribution products (switches and matrixes) from Octava, Inc. Other products to consider would be those offerings from Gefen, CE Labs, etc. Ethereal just released a wireless HDTV sender/receiver solution too. (but it's not meant to be a multi-TV distribution system).

Thanks for the info. I was interested in wireless because I would like to get out of my house (sell) soon, so I didn't want to go through the expense and effort of having to wire the house. At least I now know that if I go wireless to expect problems. I don't need one to many distribution. I was thinking one to one. or a couple of one to ones, as I have a couple of DVR that I would like to share in other rooms. Thanks again.

Michael K. Craghead

Jurgen 04-05-2012 04:06 PM

Hello Michael,

as an alternative to the iTrio you can try Atlona LinkCast AT-LINKCASTAV It will let you to connect up to 5 HDMI sources, and send 1080p signal for up to 40 feet through walls and doors. Atlona sells it for $300, but you can purchase it from Atlona's dealer BZB Express for $250 :)

07-26-2013 09:13 AM

WirelessHD (aka WiHD) technology provides the only Full HD wireless video link with perfect video quality and no gaming lag for a stellar gaming experience.