Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Home Automation

Home Automation Talk about everything Crestron, AMX, Control 4 and beyond.

Old 04-23-2009   #1

Question Problem with Elan System 12 output

I am having problems with an Elan System 12.
I have programed the zones and associated each zone to an specific output but when I select the zone and an input, nothing comes out of the zone. I have plugged the zone’s amplifier directly into its loop output of the selected input and get audio but not when I plug it in to the zone output. Any suggestions?
mjames007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Problem with Elan System 12 output

Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with that system. Hopefully someone will be able to help.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #3

Default Re: Problem with Elan S12 output

It is actually an Elan S12 controller and it is beginning to look like it is a hardware problem.

I have tired selecting the zone and input from the front panel and checking the volume but still do not get an output from any of the zones. I have also tried moving the source to different channels but again nothing. I had hoped I was just missing something simple that somehow got changed in the programming. I have even tried defaulting the controller and then reloading the configuration, still no luck.
Old 05-04-2009   #4

The S12 is replacing an old and now faulty Elan HDC 2000 and will initially being controlled by the existing Z100/150 keypads, to be replaced with other control options over time. I was testing using the S12 front panel controls, to simplify troubleshooting.
The current environment requires the use of both variable and fixed outputs, to accommodate connection to a separate audio system and outdoor speakers with their own seperate volume controls.
Via Tools was used to program the system and keypads.
Old 06-12-2009   #5

Update: The unit was returned to Elan, who were not able to repair the unit but graciously provide me with a Stock Replacement S12, so now things are up and running again. Thank you Elan!
Just for information, the total charge for the repair was $750.00.
Next step is to replace the old keypads and we are thinking of going with a Home Logic solution because the customer wants full feedback of his non elan components.
Sponsored Links

Tags
12, amplifiers, av, codes, elan, latest, output, problems, s12, setup, software, system, troubleshooting, version, z100