Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 10-24-2007   #13

Default Re: HDMI vs HDMI 1.3 cables...and...

Your 2007 Mitsu is probably 1080p native, however KenSmith's 3.5 year-old WS65813 is not.

BYU Cougar, I know you say you can't afford the new formats right now. However, if you are looking to by an unconverting DVD player for your current DVDs, the Toshiba HD-XA2 does an awesome job as KennyT will probably tell you. The new A3 also does a good job. These players run $499 (once the A35 is released) and $299 respectively. I would highly recommend one of these players, as a good regular upconverting DVD player might well cost you a minimum of $200 to $300 anyway.

I would recommend some Ultralink or Accell or Analysis Plus Cables. However, if you are on a budget then MyCableMart has some excellently priced long run cables.

Getting the cable to your TV is another issue. I don't know how your room is laid out or where your gear is in relation to one another. However, I might suggest up and over through the ceiling, or you might have to take notches out of your walls and shave each vertical beam and then re-patch using some drywall and spackle. If you have carpet your best bet may be to fish it under the carpet. Just a few suggestions.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #14

Question Re: HDMI vs HDMI 1.3 cables...and...

I have HDMI out from my HD Direct TV receiver and a DVI adapter plugged into it. Again, I don't have HDMI only DVI and RGB in on my HD TV. Is the adapter the right way to go or should I have the HDMI to DVI cable instead? Or does it make any difference?
KenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #15

In my opinion and experience, it doesn't really matter which one you use. I use the DVI/HDMI adapter because I'm not always certain about the length of cable I am going to need. I picked up an HDMI/DVI adapter for about $12 that is solidly built and works great.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
In my opinion and experience, it doesn't really matter which one you use. I use the DVI/HDMI adapter because I'm not always certain about the length of cable I am going to need. I picked up an HDMI/DVI adapter for about $12 that is solidly built and works great.
I think I paid about $20 a year or so ago when they upgraded my HD Direct TV receiver. The DVI cable was there already but needed HDMI for the new receiver. Thanks!
KenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
12, 13, 13a, cable, cables, difference, differences, hdcp, hdmi, make, older, regular, version, versus, vs