Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 10-23-2007   #7

Default Re: HDMI vs HDMI 1.3 cables...and...

I'm about 99% sure your HDTV accepts and displays 1080i content and that is where it tops out. No 1080p anywhere in the TV. But if you give me the model number I can tell you for absolute certainity.

If you are getting an HD DVD player, I would go with the A3, as the A35 has poor 1080p processing which doesn't affect you, and is only really stable in the 1080i mode. So you may as well get the A3 which has a highest resolution of 1080i. The A35 is the best of them with a better video processor and more stability over all. But the A3 should suit you just fine.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
I'm about 99% sure your HDTV accepts and displays 1080i content and that is where it tops out. No 1080p anywhere in the TV. But if you give me the model number I can tell you for absolute certainity.

If you are getting an HD DVD player, I would go with the A3, as the A35 has poor 1080p processing which doesn't affect you, and is only really stable in the 1080i mode. So you may as well get the A3 which has a highest resolution of 1080i. The A35 is the best of them with a better video processor and more stability over all. But the A3 should suit you just fine.
The model # of my Mitsubishi 65" is WS65813. I think one of the forum members said to buy the A30 because it loads faster? And only costs $100.00 more than the A3. But if it does not perform any better, I really don't care how fast it loads. I just want good quality picture for my TV.

Thanks!
KenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #9

Your TV most definitely only accepts and displays up to 1080i. No 1080p involved at any capacity.

Go with the A3. You can probably find it online for less than $299. The difference in load times between the A3 and A30 is neglible. The A30 is a huge disappointment in upscaling and playing of standard def DVDs. The A3 is better in that respect as will. Most people agree that the A30 is actually worse than the A20.

If your concerned about audio, that is another matter. The new advanced audio formats are only available via bitstream with the A35. However, the A3 is capable of Dolby TrueHD to PCM decoding, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, and DTS-HD HR decoding. It does not support DTS Master HD bitstream or decoding or bitstream TrueHD.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
Your TV most definitely only accepts and displays up to 1080i. No 1080p involved at any capacity.

Go with the A3. You can probably find it online for less than $299. The difference in load times between the A3 and A30 is neglible. The A30 is a huge disappointment in upscaling and playing of standard def DVDs. The A3 is better in that respect as will. Most people agree that the A30 is actually worse than the A20.

If your concerned about audio, that is another matter. The new advanced audio formats are only available via bitstream with the A35. However, the A3 is capable of Dolby TrueHD to PCM decoding, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, and DTS-HD HR decoding. It does not support DTS Master HD bitstream or decoding or bitstream TrueHD.
Thank you very much. I love my Mitsubishi 65" and the HD I receive on it now with Direct TV is amazing. I don't need to upgrade, my vision isn't that good anyway but sure like watching football in HD! Thanks again.
KenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #11

Thumbs up Re: HDMI vs HDMI 1.3 cables...and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSmith View Post
Ok, I will check. It's a 3 1/2 year old Mitsubishi Diamond 65" RP. The manual shows only 480p and 1080i. I don't want to replace the TV as just had it serviced. I also don't want to spend more than I have to for a HD DVD if I am not going to get the benefits. So I will buy the Toshiba HD-A3 VS A30/A35.
-----

Wait until you get an HD DVD player. Your DirecTV is VERY compressed. Its NOTHING compared to the image you can make even at 1080i.

Be very excited - you are about to get to the good stuff!!!!
Old 10-24-2007   #12

Cool Re: HDMI vs HDMI 1.3 cables...and...

The Mitsubishi 65" is native 1080P. I have a collection of several hundred DVDs. I can't afford the prices right now on purchasing Blue Ray or High Def. discs. Rentals would be nice though.

So, my main concern, for now, is playing my currently owned DVD's and have them look as fantastic as possible...and yes, through my component hookups (run through the wall) the DVDs look pretty darn good. But certainly not 1080p.

Problem 1. Buying a 50' HDMI cable. Sounds like any HDMI from MONOSource will do wonders.

Problem 2. Getting the new cable to the TV.

Problem 3. Figuring out which UPscaling DVD player will really be the best with this Mitsubishi TV.
BYU Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
12, 13, 13a, cable, cables, difference, differences, hdcp, hdmi, make, older, regular, version, versus, vs