Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 03-16-2011   #1

Default Intelix DIGI-HD-COAX HDMI over COAX extenders

Recently came across the Intelix DIGI-HD-COAX extenders online which claimed to extend 1080p up to 300ft of RG6/ RG59. Decided to look into the tech specs and noticed that the TX had 1 HDMI input with two BNC outputs and the RX had 2 BNC (1 coax input and 1 loop out) and 1 HDMI output. So this unit acts like an extender and splitter and also for daisy-chaining from the receiver to another receiver. These units according to Intelix, each coax run can support up to 5 receivers.

I purchased a set of these and decided to test them out and they worked great with a Sony Bluray Player and Motorola Comcast Box. I daisy chained 6 of these receivers and the picture was clean and clear. One thing that raised a flag was when I was able to get 6 displays up when using the Comcast Motorola Cable box which is know to have 1 KVS KEY for HDCP compliance. So this is a great tool to allow sources that do not want to split to more than 1 or 2 displays to work with an unlimited number of displays.

Also while doing my search for HDMI over COAX extenders, I came across the Audio Authority HXE-11 HDMi over Coax extenders which are actuall the same units as the Intelix Extenders.
JohnnySmith85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, av, bnc, coax, digihdcoax, hd, hdmi, html, input, intelix, output, rg6, send, splitter, video