Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 03-03-2010   #1

Default HMDI 10m cable problem

Hi, I have just moved out of my old appartment, and made some changes to my whole system. This required the purchase of some new cables, including a 10m HDMI cable. I bought a Vivanco 10m 1080p cable with a built-in extender for 100 to be sure. The cable is used to connect my Samsung LE32b530 LCD-TV as a 3rd monitor to my PC. I already use 2 Samsung monitors for my PC. In the old flat it worked perfectly like this with a 5m HDMI cable. I tested it with that 5m cable and it still works. The weird part is that my PC recognizes the TV and sets the right resolution, but the TV gets no signal. I'm not sure what to do...
tuways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #2
Administrator

Default Re: HMDI 10m cable problem

Are you sure the extender is working? Does it require external power? Can the extender be bypassed?
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #3

I don't know if the extender was working. It didn't require external power, and it could not be bypassed, it was on the cable. I went back to the store and gave the cable back. Bought a noname one for 15 bucks, no extenders no nothing, and guess what... works like a charm.
tuways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #4
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuways View Post
I don't know if the extender was working. It didn't require external power, and it could not be bypassed, it was on the cable. I went back to the store and gave the cable back. Bought a noname one for 15 bucks, no extenders no nothing, and guess what... works like a charm.
Great! The extender was probably not working. Maybe the HDMI port was not supplying enough power to it. Glad you got it working.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #5

You might find at 10 m without an extender that you will run into intermittent pixel drop. My advice is to keep it as it is and if you notice problems look at getting an extender - but as rkinck says, one that is working ;-)
pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
10, 10m, cable, hdmi, hmdi, intermittently, issues, pixe, problem, problems, signal, troubleshoot, tv, working, wrks