Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 01-18-2010   #1

Talking HDMI for my PS3?

Sup crazy peeps!

heres my question:

I have my PS3 plugged into my Samsung T240 via HDMI, and the only way i can get sound to play is if i plug a plain audio jack into the monitor and into my 5.1 sound, the problem is however that the amp has 3 jacks so although it is 5.1 only the 2 speakers that i have the jack plugged into work ie center/sub frontLft/frontRt RearLft/RearRt.

how could i go about getting the speakers to all play?

Thanks in advance!
jprheeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #2
Administrator

Default Re: HDMI for my PS3?

I'm not sure what the issue is. Are you saying that the audio will not come through the monitor speakers when connected via HDMI? Then you mentioned an amp. What is the amp and is it the problem? What 5.1 sound is it and is that the amp? Need to know all of the components being connected.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #3

Hi rbinck,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if didnt make myself clear, i do that sometimes. basically, i have a 5.1 system for my pc, and it has 3 inputs. now my HDMI cable plugs into my screen, and there is only one out jack from my screen so i can only plug it into one input. is there any way that i can get all speakers working(yes the speakers do work when i plug the jack in but there are 3 jacks so only 1 set of speakers work)?

hope this helps....
jprheeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #4
Administrator

The best thing you can do will be to connect the digital signal from your PS3 directly to one of the inputs on the 5.1 surround system. Without knowing the brand and model of the 5.1 system you may need a optical to digital coax converter. Are those 5.1 inputs optical or coax and are they digital inputs?
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010   #5

Hi Friends, I am Cine and I have read your site in a very deep and I would like to appreciate you on this brilliant effort. You have provided some thing so much different that I can't have words for thanks.
Cine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audiovideorevolution, channel, forum, hdmi, katytx, monitor, play, playing, plug, ps3, pse, sound, speaker, video