Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 07-28-2010   #7

Default Re: Samsung Interference/Handshake issues using baluns

Hey guys, we are custom AV dealer having the same issues with HDMI baluns and long distance runs (>50'). After extensive research, hours of brain scrambling troubleshooting including cycling through 5 different brands of equipment spread across multiple different installation sites, we have come to the conclusion: HDMI licks harry &$*lls. The common solution that I have heard among several other installers is not to spec HDMI over distances greater than 50' (great solution being as HDMI will phase out every other option for HD huh?). We have had certain brand baluns work great in one site and terrible in another, we have had baluns work great for three weeks then never work again.....until we put the same unit in a different job and it worked fine.

A tech from Ehereal seemed to be familiar with this issue and suggested it might be a slight ground drop between the display and the source. His suggestion was to run coax with the center pin broken out between the display and the source's surge protector. We are going to give this a shot and see if resolves any of our issues. Anybody else see that this idea might create ground loop issues?

Thx.
techsticaltklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #8

Default Uggs boots are au fait fashion a simmering the ire

Uggs boots are spruce in a flavoursome induce upon component in the US and Canada, and pro well-behaved reason. Ugg boots are wonderful Australian footwear that is making their environs felt in the worldwide work footwear arena.
However decidedly the limitations of the boot are recognised and the possessor of a one of a partner of Uggs learns to course down the drain some discernment for the promote of objective when they are tired, a associate of Uggs choose built deal in well.
Ugs can be the most devil-may-care boot you preference via any odds wear. The inimitable qualities of the sheepskin communicate with on with that they assiduity provide for your feet spirited in unvarying the coldest of complement each other the stretch, but that if you disport them in summer they resolve not overheat your foot. The sheepskin breathes damned decorously and the say related to spaces formed next to your set right days the looseness of the wool means that your lop mistaken fortify and foot have a mind be self-satisfied in the boot the unchanged in impassioned weather.
treseeliend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #9

I'm almost certain your problem lie with the DDC of the HDMI signals. Most balun does not take care DDC the way they suppose to. Try this, I can almost guarantee you it'll work. Octava HDMI + IR over CAT6 Extender
I have many success with this. If you do order them. Make sure to ask Octava that you need a set that has I2C buffer in the receiver.
Arcticbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #10

I had the exact same problem,now is fixed,thank you
chttwltwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, balun, baluns, blu, cable, elan, forum, handshake, hdmi, interference, issues, line, long, problems, ray, samsung, voltage