Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 10-07-2009   #1

Default Integra DTC-9.8/Long HDMI runs

I have an Integra DTC-9.8 processor, and have about a 50 ft. HDMI balun 1.3 (with two CAT5 cables) from my processor to my 65" Panasonic plasma TV. All source components running into the processor via HDMI periodically go black or to snow on my TV, including my Roku Netflix box and my PS3. However, if you run these source components direct without going through my Integra, they don't go blank. I have replaced all of my HDMI cable going in to the Integra with the highest quality HDMI cables, but this doesn't seem to help. Integra support says they don't have any thoughts or suggestions for me, and only guarantee shorter HDMI runs.

I don't want to run my PS3 direct because I want to be able to hear Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. Has anyone got any solutions or thoughts for this?
wubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Integra DTC-9.8/Long HDMI runs

You might try a HDMI repeater which acts sort of like an amplifier. Sounds like the Integra has a weak HDMI output.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #3

Thank you. I currently am using a Key Digital HDMI Balun. Will a HDMI repeater work with this?
wubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #4
Administrator

I'm sure it will. Put it between the Integra and the balun. I'm sure you know there are no guarantees on this sort of hook-up, but that's the only thing that comes to mind.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
98, audio, box, codes, diagnostic, dtc, dtc98, hdmi, hdmi extender, integra, issues, main, output, trouble, videos