Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 06-13-2008   #19

Default Re: HDMI, Easy or Nightmare? How was your experience?

Folks,
I've done about 20 "installs" of varying degrees with HDMI and only had trouble with the SA STP's.......not all the time.....The longest run with HDMI is 35 feet......no degradation.....MY own system!!!!!
Bob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radfordian1 View Post
I asked the same question about my HDMI connectivity issues to Yamaha support and they tell me that myset top box and many others are HDMI 1.0 which does not recognize a receiver. They only recognize display devices, so I am resigned to use component video in this case and wait until my cable company upgrades their boxes. I tried turning the different components on in different orders but it did not help. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I have two Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD cable boxes, one connected to a Yamaha V1800, and one to a Denon AVR-588 using DVI to HDMI. I doubt that my cable boxes are more advanced than HDMI 1.0 since they've been around for years, and both work seamlessly with the receivers. I don't pay any attention to which device turns on first, as they're controlled by a single Harmony remote, and still no problems. Just my $0.02.
bobsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #21

Angry Re: HDMI, Easy or Nightmare? How was your experience?

to the person with the DVI input...I think you are at an impass due to the HDCP circuit that
your projector does NOT have and therefore U cannot get a HD signal via HDMI/DVI.
This is the copy guard that is getting you and there is NO fix for this...U have to use component
input to your projector. Sorry,
PalmHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #22

I have had no handshake problems between components. I am concerned that the fragile PCB in the HDMI female connector may be easily damaged if the cable is pulled working with other cables.

Has anyone experienced this PCB break?

I agree that the cable termination is more frafile than it needs to be. It seems somewhat short sighted and I think the industry could have easily made the design more robust.
shainj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #23

In November 2007 I had installed a Pioneer PRO-150FD Plasma TV, a Pioneer VSX-94THX Receiver, a Pioneer BDP-95FD Blu-ray Disc Player, a Sony RDR-VX6555 DVD Recorder & VHS Combo Player and a COMCAST Dual Tuner/DVR- HDTV Capable, model DCT6412 III. All devices are HDMI 1.3a and are hooked together by a HDMI cable.

All devices work together and I have had no dificulty with any of the units. I use a MX3000 remote, which has the codes for all the devices. My receiver and Blu-ray both get Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio and I feel that the HDMI single cables made for a much cleaner installation.
armcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #24
rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmHarbor View Post
to the person with the DVI input...I think you are at an impass due to the HDCP circuit that
your projector does NOT have and therefore U cannot get a HD signal via HDMI/DVI.
This is the copy guard that is getting you and there is NO fix for this...U have to use component
input to your projector. Sorry,
I have heard that the flags on Blu-ray disc have not yet been activated. However, once they are activated all non HDCP-compliant devices will no longer work. Apparently since DVDs don't have any flags upconverting players must treat them as if their flags were activated. Can anyone confirm this or provide additional information about when the flags will be activated on BD players. Thanks.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, dct, directv, drops, fix, hdmi, lcd, motorola, purple, sanyo, screen, stopped, sucks, tv, working