Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 06-07-2007   #1

Cool What is the longest run for HDMI?

Do they have a 50' HDMI?
Longman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #2

Default Re: What is the longest run for HDMI?

The best way to run a long 1080p HDMI run is with Dtrovision's system. It has (for lack of a better term) amplication blocks on each end and can go 300 feet.

Ultralink has some runs without the blocks that go almost 200 feet.

Transparent makes a nice HDMI cable too.

Beware of the cheap cables as we found they can make the "handshake" issue worse in my reference system. If you are going HDMI, make sure you get a good cable. Not crazy expensive but not ultra-cheap either.
Old 07-18-2007   #3

I have recently changed projectors from a component to a component/HDMI projector. My new projector takes has 2 HDMI inputs, so while I was going through the pain of running wires, I decided to run 2 HDMI cables.

My component video cables are from Blue Jeans Cable (Blue Jeans Cable--Quality Cables at Reasonable Prices). I read nothing but outstanding comments about their component video cables.

I decided to give their HDMI cables a try, based on the success I had with their component video cables. I needed two 35' runs of HDMI. I also purchased the most expensive one meter Monster Cable from Best Buy. I connected both my Blueray and HD DVD player to the 35' BJC cables and looked at the picture. I then connected both players using the 1 meter Monster Cable. I noticed no difference in the picture. One 35' run of BJC HDMI is $69. I was getting quotes of $700-$1200 for a single run from other places.

I have purchased their unbalanced audio cables as well. While their audio cables are very solid performers, they are not quite high end audiophile grade. The video cables have worked flawlessly for me, as well as saving a ton of money.

I did not try any other HDMI cables, so I cannot comment beyond my experience. I just know is that I have a pristine picture at a fraction of the cost of other cables. They have a "no questions" return policy, so their is no risk in giving them a try.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007   #4

I have a 15 meter (approx 50 ft) ultralink HDMI cable that I run to my JVC projector with no problems.
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #5

I installed a system for a friend, it consisted of an onkyo 870 1.3 receiver sony 300 player com-cast box and a samsung 47inch lcd. I used all monoprice cables 3 one meter hdmi, 1 25ft hdmi cable 5 pair analog cables with no problems at all. Nice receiver planning to do the audyssey set up in the next few days.
t100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
I have a 15 meter (approx 50 ft) ultralink HDMI cable that I run to my JVC projector with no problems.
Ultralink also can go a long way. Not sure if it can go as long as the Dtrovision system but not everyone needs 300 feet.

j
Sponsored Links

Tags
13, allowed, analog, audio, cable, cables, cheap, cord, hdmi, length, logest, longest, ongest, run, whats