Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   HDMI (http://www.avrev.com/forum/hdmi-26/)
-   -   Which HDMI switchers would you recommend? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/hdmi/1146-hdmi-switchers-would-you-recommend.html)

rmagee223 11-27-2007 10:00 AM

Which HDMI switchers would you recommend?

I have just purchased a Toshiba HD-A30 and already have a PS3. My TV only has one HDMI input so I need a selector between the sources. The salesman at BB tried to sell me a Psyclone HDMI switcher, but I didn't recognize the brand. I also have read several posts about the Radiient Select-4 and Gefen models. Does anyone have experience with these units?

kennyt 11-27-2007 01:00 PM

Re: Which HDMI switchers would you recommend?

I have always used the Gefens with good success both with DVI-D and HDMI, I know many here also like the Dtrovision

deacongreg 11-27-2007 06:46 PM

I don`t know how good it is, but the Oppo folks that make the 970, 980, and 981 players, have an HDMI switcher on their website.

bgrunsten 11-27-2007 08:26 PM

I bought the Radiient Select-4ce several months ago direct via an internet offer and have been totally please with its performance. Supposedly its manufactured by someone who's been involved in the development of the HDMI interface. It works flawllessly, and seeks an active input. It supposedly is compatible with the HDMI 1.3. I'd also trust the OPPO Digital product, and their HDMI cables, which include molded RFI beads, are a steal.

kennyt 11-28-2007 02:40 AM

I'm still amazed at the whole HDMI sham, cables are overpriced, switchers cost more than Blu-ray players.... I just don't see how switching wire is so difficult! I can buy and 8 port firewire or USB 2.0 hub for ~$10, and HDMI switchers cost how much?

I just feel we are all being taken for a ride on this connection, oh and don't get me started on the connector itself! I wish they would have kept something more like DVI-D that screwed down! Forget climbing behind your TV to reconnect them, am I the only one whose broken the little circuit board inside a component yet??

Sorry..... Had to vent!

optides 11-28-2007 03:57 AM

The Radient is an excellent switch. I have been using one for 6 months, and find it operates well, with no HDCP difficulties (which I experienced before. A bit pricey, perhaps, but it looks like a proper component rather than a cheesy switch.

HDMI cables and connectors do seem decidedly overpriced. I have found that a seller named "summitimage" and "Summit Image Store" on eBay has provided me with reliably performing HDMI cables for a very reasonable price, compared to the amazing retail prices locally. Other sellers seem to have competitive offerings, but I tried Summit Image and have stayed with success.