Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 02-05-2008   #19

Default Re: Which HDMI switchers would you recommend?

Even though I now know why, its a shame the higher end pre/pros have not caught up with our receiver brethren. But to be fair, most of us do not have the elaborate systems my good buddy kennyt has. Or, like our guy in the Dallas Palace. So I believe, it may be a while before we see all that connectivity and switching ability on these pre/pros. I do not think the demand is there yet.
The most people have are: A HDTV, a HD player of some sort, and maybe a PS3. and or XBOX 360. And thats it. Few, like us, have secondary or other HD systems in other parts of the house.
Now, if this format war would just be over. Like I`ve told all of you from the start, its just an eye sore right now.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #20

Question Re: Which HDMI switchers would you recommend?

Does anyone have any experience yet with the Spatz-Tech Barracuda (http://www.spatz-tech.com/upconver.htm) unit? It appears to feature 4 HDMI 1.3 compliant inputs (plus 2 each composite, S-Video & component for those who care) with breakout of the HDMI digital audio to a single optical ouput. This appears to be ideal for those, like myself, with multiple HDMI sources who wish to minimize the infernal switching hassles of routing HDMI directly to your display and digital audio to your receiver.
Old 04-01-2008   #21

I have two different HDMI switchers. One from OPPO--that I use in the bedroom system.
Certified to HDMI 1.3 specification for the highest audio and video quality
Remote control, IR Input and RS-232C
Supports 1080p, Deep Color, and all HDTV resolutions
Long cable support with built-in signal equalizer
Price: $99.00

The best one I use is from Radiient--in my media room:

Radiient Select-4™ Four-Input HDMI Switch/Repeater--$249

Four selectable HDMI inputs with one HDMI output - the perfect hub for all your HDMI AV sources
Tested and guaranteed performance beyond 1080p and UXGA - future-proof design
Automatic active source selection - detects and switches to the active input automatically
Solves many system-level switching and authentication problems - best-in-class compatibility
True repeater architecture enables 100-foot-long cable length at 1080p
Installer & customer friendly - designed for ease of installation and control via IR or serial port
World-class industrial design, human interface, and remote control design
Designed and manufactured in Silicon Valley USA by the co-inventor of HDMI chip technology

They also have the Radiient Select 4ce for $149.

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #22

I most strongly recommend the Radiient Select-4™ Four-Input HDMI Switch/Repeater. I purchased and installed a Radiient last June, after encountering problems with compatibility with less expensive switches. I wondered if I was spending too much as I bought it, but I was frustrated.

Upon installation, all lingering HDMI problems were solved, instantly. A great investment!

I use the Radient with a Tivo Series 3 HD, a Toshiba A-2 HD DVD, a Panasonic Blu-Ray BD-DMP10A, and an AppleTV. All flawlessly send signal through an HDMI/DVI dual headed cable to my Sony KV 32HS500 HD CRT set (probably close to the last of the quality 4:3 sets with 16:9 1080i capability -- I am resisting getting a 42"+ plasma or LCD which could give me old 4:3 movies in the viewing size I like!). All devices have worked perfectly through the Radiient, unlike earlier with the bargain switch.

I'm sure the market has by now presented other HDMI switches of the Radiient quality level, but in spring 2007 it sounded like the best available, and I would still recommend it highly to anyone else encountering switching and compatibility problems.

Don Schwab
optides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #23

"I most strongly recommend the Radiient Select-4™ Four-Input HDMI Switch/Repeater. I purchased and installed a Radiient last June, after encountering problems with compatibility with less expensive switches. I wondered if I was spending too much as I bought it, but I was frustrated.

Upon installation, all lingering HDMI problems were solved, instantly. A great investment!"

I couldn't agree more. Radiient makes the best and very reasonably priced switchers and repeaters I have ever seen. For the quality they are amazing bargains. The OPPO 3 HDMI is good, but the 4 HDMI Radiient is amazing.

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #24
wes

Cool Re: Which HDMI switchers would you recommend?

Yes Radiient is very good and reasonably price!!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
13b, 4x1, audio, certified, compatible, digital, enhanced, hdcp, hdmi, monoprice, psyclone, radient, review, selector, switch, switcher