Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 12-03-2007   #13

Default Re: Which HDMI switchers would you recommend?

I still own and use the Radient switcher in many of my systems if the review equipment I have on hand doesn't have enough HDMI inputs. It is BULLETPROOF and passes 1080p no problem, even over long cable runs. While not as cheap as the Oppo it's the one I'd buy.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #14

Also to kennyt

Yeah I gripped about the connector too vs the larger DVI with screwlocks.
But downloading the HDMI spec:
http://www.eetchina.com/ARTICLES/200...URCES=DOWNLOAD

pgs 37 to 45 show that all the A,B,C version of connectors have provisions for spring locks.
Although even they say version C should have a screwlock (pg47); have never seen that.

My sister in laws cleaning gal keeps dusting behind one of the panels, and manages to jostle the HDMI enough to stop working. Although that set has the cable fighting gravity too.

But then again, would I prefer the cable to dislodge....or damage the board ?

Wireless is on the way......
m_a_simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I'm still amazed at the whole HDMI sham, cables are overpriced, switchers cost more than Blu-ray players.... I just don't see how switching wire is so difficult! I can buy and 8 port firewire or USB 2.0 hub for ~$10, and HDMI switchers cost how much?

I just feel we are all being taken for a ride on this connection, oh and don't get me started on the connector itself! I wish they would have kept something more like DVI-D that screwed down! Forget climbing behind your TV to reconnect them, am I the only one whose broken the little circuit board inside a component yet??

Sorry..... Had to vent!
I know this is an old thread, but China has the right price on switchers and they work. I used to hate HDMI but now I've found something that just works - its all good.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #16

I have a few and they all work for me in my system, I still stand by my dislike of the connector though. My greatest gripe lately has been no one seems to include enough on their components any more! I need at minimum six ins and would like to do two independent outputs, to date I only know of one pre/pro that does this, the Integra DTC 9.8.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I have a few and they all work for me in my system, I still stand by my dislike of the connector though. My greatest gripe lately has been no one seems to include enough on their components any more! I need at minimum six ins and would like to do two independent outputs, to date I only know of one pre/pro that does this, the Integra DTC 9.8.
You're right on that point. I only have 3 inputs and two outs (swithcher only cost me $36.00...the shipping from China was the beast - $50 but hey, still under $100). I will let you know if I find a 7x2 (LOL)!!! But just maybe....
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #18

They're out there, but they are pricey, Gefen makes and 8x1 switcher, but it's $899, currently I am running one plus my pre/pro, all sources that don't need scaling go directly through the external switcher directly to the TV, other sources that need scaling get scaled in the pre/pro and pass through the switcher. Yes, it is an extra step, but my remote handles all the switching and it works, which after all is what we want!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
13b, 4x1, audio, certified, compatible, digital, enhanced, hdcp, hdmi, monoprice, psyclone, radient, review, selector, switch, switcher