Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HDMI

HDMI Switchers, cables, routers, HDCP copy protection and more discussed here.

Old 09-19-2007   #7

Default Re: Why are Manufactures dragging their feet with HDMI?

Silicon Image has made it difficult to get the information to make products correctly on the high end.

HDCP has caused a TON of "handshake" issues that can cripple a traditional AV company with support calls and or returns of gear.

Waiting is the prudent way however consumers want HDMI to work. Studios DEMAND the copy protection. We are definately going there. But on the high end, its a little more slow than at the receiver level.
Old 09-20-2007   #8

There was a bunch of new receivers released with 4 or more HDMI 1.3 inputs this year for a "Reasonable" price, Sony even has one under $2K with 6 inputs!!

I went with 4 inputs on a Denon AVR3808CI.
I'm a much happier camper now!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #9

It will be several more month before the high end pre/pro market comes around. Some super high end pre/pro's were being shown off in secret with only HDMI 1.1 in them....

As usual the receiver market is ahead of the separates.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #10

Though you guys are right, that high end dealers that make separates, tend to take longer to come around, could it be before they invest their dollars, they just wanted to make sure, that there were enough consumers buying HD players to make it worth while?

Because most of these companies, you can not go to Best But to buy there products. Maybe they are in, a watch and see mode.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #11

I don't even buy software at BesBuy, too pricey. I only go when I need something NOW, and always get a kick out of listening to their salesteam selling misinformation to the customers. Sometimes I interject, other times I frankly laugh....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I don't even buy software at BesBuy, too pricey. I only go when I need something NOW, and always get a kick out of listening to their salesteam selling misinformation to the customers. Sometimes I interject, other times I frankly laugh....
Isn`t that sadly the truth. And this kennyt, is really what upsets me the most. Now to go on and on about it, but this is exactly why, any format war or something remotely resembling that is not good now. I chuckle also kennyt at the lack of knowledge of these young people in store like Best Buy, Circuit City and the rest.

I don`t know if its lack of training, or people just don`t care, but this is where the high end community, on the other hand, could take full advantage of the knowledge and expertise that we do have. Draw people in to our wonderful world, and grow from there.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links