Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 10-27-2007   #7

Default Re: Transformers Becomes Best-Selling High Definition Title

Record labels used to be the BEST at "shipping platinum" when the record sold poorly. Soundscan changed that quite a bit.

I am not sure who audits the HD DVD shipment numbers or sales numbers.

The point here is that HD DVD and High Definition video on a disc is doing pretty well. Even at 135,000 in a week - the ONLY title on SACD or DVD-Audio to out sell it (they had 1000's of releases - most of which were crap) is Dark Side of the Moon. Not bad in one week.
Old 10-27-2007   #8

Yea that's what gets me, even at 125,000 it was a good release, I guess they are trying to justify the 50 million dollar bribe they got for going HD-DVD exclusive (for now at least).
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #9

If the format becomes popular - its worth it...
Old 10-28-2007   #10

Lately as each new Blu-ray seems to require updating firmware in my players I am gravitating more and more to the HD DVD camp...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #11

I bought this disc (it was the only one left at my best buy) and HOLY CRAP is it a bad movie, but looks amazing. The surround sound mix is very intense in the opening helicopter scene but the plot is so weak and the acting is HOOORIBLE so its hard to hang through to the end. Still worth having as a demo disc.
bryan562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #12

I guess evryone must do what is best for them, but lets embrace HD DVD`s success. This consistent bashing and trying to figure out who is better or more viable, does us no good. Can`t we all see there is more at stake here.

One has more storage capacity, one has less. One continues to have more firmware update issues, one doesn`t. I keep breaking this down to its most simplest terms. its about watching a movie gentlemen. How many mainstream consumers, all those who just went off buying those inexpensive Toshiba units, how many of them are interested in web enabled HD players. Sure, there are some, but no way the majority except for high enders or maybe movie lovers who love all that extra stuff.

I want to play a movie, get a great picture on my HDTV, and here great surround sound. That is what MOST people want. I think as high enders we get just a little caught up in ourselves.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, benchmark, blu, definition, dvd, hd, high, hqv, players, ray, sales, selling, sound, title, top, transformers, videos