Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 10-02-2007   #1
Administrator

Default Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same - Blu-ray and HD DVD

Warner Home Video is pleased to announce the release of Led-Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same [Special Edition] on standard DVD on Monday November 19th, followed by HD and Blu Ray on Monday November 26th, 2007. The Song Remains The Same will be released by Rhino UK as a 2-CD Digipack on November 19th.

"We have re-visited The Song Remains The Same," says guitarist Jimmy Page, "and can now offer the complete set as played at Madison Square Garden. This differs substantially from the original soundtrack released in 1976, and highlights the technical prowess of Kevin Shirley, who worked with us on How The West Was Won. When it comes to The Song Remains The Same, the expansion of the DVD and soundtrack are as good as it gets on the Led Zeppelin wish list."

This brand new digitally remastered edition of The Song Remains The Same features, for the first time, all 14 songs from the original concert. The DVD features newly remixed and re-mastered 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound and boasts more than 40 minutes of added bonus material.

Rare extras includes four additional songs, Misty Mountain Hop and The Ocean, plus two never-before-released songs in rare performance footage; Over The Hills And Far Away and Celebration Day; a rare 1976 BBC interview with Robert Plant and Jimmy Page; vintage TV footage from the Drake Hotel robbery during the New York concert stand, a Led Zeppelin interview on the Cameron Crowe radio show, plus more rare interviews and rarities.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #2

Default Re: Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same - Blu-ray and HD DVD

Where is David DelGrosso when I need him. Why can`t Return to Forever or Stanley Clarke, Grover Washington Jr. come out like this!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #3

Default Re: Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same - Blu-ray and HD DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Where is David DelGrosso when I need him. Why can`t Return to Forever or Stanley Clarke, Grover Washington Jr. come out like this!!
My sense is that you are being serious with this question... but I'm certain you already know the simple logic:

A) Rock concert videos can outsell jazz videos by several decimal points (especially when we're talking Zeppelin -vs- Chick Corea ensembles.)

B) Releasing discs in these new HD formats can be profitable... but only if they sell LARGE quantities.

Therefore...

C) It is DAMN hard for label execs to secure funding for re-authoring HD versions of jazz concert videos that sold less than 10,000 copies on regular DVD!!

Personally, as much as I'd love to relive these golden musical moments in all the splendor of 1080p... I'd also be happy if they would at least re-release many of these archived gems in 24/96 Uncompressed Audio (2.0 and/or 5.1.)

I have never really needed to "watch" the musicians, to deeply engage in the message of their music.

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #4

Cool Re: Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same - Blu-ray and HD DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by David DelGrosso View Post
My sense is that you are being serious with this question... but I'm certain you already know the simple logic:

A) Rock concert videos can outsell jazz videos by several decimal points (especially when we're talking Zeppelin -vs- Chick Corea ensembles.)

B) Releasing discs in these new HD formats can be profitable... but only if they sell LARGE quantities.

Therefore...

C) It is DAMN hard for label execs to secure funding for re-authoring HD versions of jazz concert videos that sold less than 10,000 copies on regular DVD!!

Personally, as much as I'd love to relive these golden musical moments in all the splendor of 1080p... I'd also be happy if they would at least re-release many of these archived gems in 24/96 Uncompressed Audio (2.0 and/or 5.1.)

I have never really needed to "watch" the musicians, to deeply engage in the message of their music.

DD
Most definitely. I `m in firm agreement with you. And I think that was our argument with Mark at AIX. I would prefer also to have these classic LPS re-done in high rez audio as well.
And while, they may not sell as much as say Led Zep, I think you might be surprised at how well some might do. Provided they pick the right titles. Example, Chameleon - Herbie Han****, Romantic Warrior, Where Have I Known You Before - Return To Forever, early Stanley Clarke, Jaco Pastorious, Weather Report, the CTI catalog - Bob James, Grover, Freddie Hubbard, Stanley Turrentine, Don Sebesky, Hubert laws, Mahavishnu Orchestra, I could go on, but on high rez audio, it would have a better chance, I believe to do well.

But, you, myself, and Jerry have a high degree of passion for this to go down. The record execs do not. If there is someone there into music, they are probably not in a position of power or authority to do anything about it.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #5

Default Re: Will 7.1 sound good?

How many of you have ever listened to the movie "The Song Remains The Same" the Led Zeppelin concert show. At one time I had Bose 301's as my rear speakers and I have never got the same kind of surround sound on any setup as I had with the Bose speakers. You had to duck when they shot the machine guns in the movie. The sound was of bullets richocheting everywhere. I have bought better speakers and a better receiver and still not got the sound I had at that time no matter what I do.
farrellhiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, bluray, edition, hd, hills, led, ocean, ray, remains, song, source, special, vinyl, zeppelin, zeppelinover, zeppelinsong