Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 09-20-2007   #7

Thumbs up Re: New Toshiba HD-XA2 firmware Version: 2.2/T22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Just an FYI,

A newer version of firmware is out for the XA2, not sure what it does as my player works perfectly but it's going in now.

BTW as a MAC user it is kind of a PITA to download their firmware, so I filled out the little card inside the player and now whenever a firmware update comes out, Toshiba mails it to me on a disc!

Pretty cool of them!

KT
kennyt, that is the way a company is to support its customers. It goes a very long way in keeping your clientele and spreading good word of mouth.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #8

Default Re: New Toshiba HD-XA2 firmware Version: 2.2/T22

I agree greg but most companies at this price point, and way above for that matter, don't.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #9

I am awaiting delivery of the firmware update CD. I was told that the version 2.5 disc had'nt been released yet so I was surprised that some of you have already installed the update. I've a 70" Hitachi rear projection LCD director's series HDTV and have been very happy with its performance. Any reason why Audioholics has'nt reviewed this line of TV's in the past
Dave Cypel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #10

I was able to plug mine into my modem and update my firmware.
costal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #11

Thanks and you are absolutely right. There is a downside in updating by modem in that I have heard from other users that their modem updates have'nt worked as expected. I know another option is to download the file from the website and burn to a disc but as an OS 10 user this option is not open to me.
Dave Cypel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
a20, download, firmware, hd, hdxa2, latest, mac, modelkds70xbr2, projection, rear, require, sony, toshiba, tv, update, updates, xa2