Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 09-18-2007   #1

Default Will Meridian make an HD DVD player?

My bet is - YES.

Bob Stuart, Meridian's co-founder, was SPECIFICALLY not answering questions about new formats at their CEDIA press conference which is a VERY new role for them to play as Meridian was behind the MLP lossless packing that was in DVD-Audio.

With some of the studio moves and their hat in both rings with MLP, I expect Meridian to sit this one out for a while and wouldn't personally hold out for one of their players when you can get a good player today for $300 to $500.

What I can say is: a $500 player isn't going to solve jitter issues or have as solid a build quality as something made by Meridian. There are some physical advantages to making something ROCK SOLID.
Old 09-18-2007   #2

Default Re: Will Meridian make an HD DVD player?

I hope so!

For one it would require them to add HDMI 1.3 in for audio to the 861 so I could get the new formats in my reference rig!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #3

I think they would almost have to stay in the market with everyone else.
Old 10-06-2007   #4

Well, that certainly would be great if Meridian would. But with MLP and DVD _ A, they seem very dedicated to what they have started. So, while it would be wonderful, I do not see it.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #5

But the player WOULDN'T play SACD!!!!
Old 10-25-2007   #6

SACD...

Yeah, I have some, a few. I started to go through Elusive Disks entire catalog of SACD's, but got bored and moved onto something else and when I got back, they had timed me out and emptied my cart! 130 pages of SACD's amd I found like 5 I needed/didn't have and now I have to go back and refind them all??

Even a shopping addict like me has his limits!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
598, audio, blu, download, dvd, firmware, g98, hd, make, makes, meridian, movie, player, players, ray, update