Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 12-04-2007   #19

Default Re: Will Meridian make an HD DVD player?

I seriously doubt that Meridian is going to make either an HD-DVD or a Blu-ray player until the market settles down and a "winner" is announced. A Meridian player is likely to cost at least $6,000 which is not the kind of money a significant number of buyers are willing to bet on one format or the other in this climate to have it make economic sense for Meridian to offer either one.
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
I seriously doubt that Meridian is going to make either an HD-DVD or a Blu-ray player until the market settles down and a "winner" is announced. A Meridian player is likely to cost at least $6,000 which is not the kind of money a significant number of buyers are willing to bet on one format or the other in this climate to have it make economic sense for Meridian to offer either one.
You're wrong. Meridian is a niche provider and the next gen formats fall in their market. They would likely sell more next gen players than a DVD player once they release one.

I'd also expect the price to be around $3,500 to $4,000 for the HD DVD player. The combo might be $6,000. I think most Meridian buyers would buy the HD DVD player with DVD-A capabilities over just buying a Meridian DVD player.

I'd definately spend $6,000 for a one stop Meridian style solution if not more.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #21

How can I be "wrong" if I just said "I seriously doubt?" They currently offer two versions of their DVD player - the G98DH and G98AH which list for $6995.00 and $7495.00. I seriously doubt they are going to introduce an HD-DVD or a Blu-ray player, for 50%-60% of the price of their current DVD player offerings. Of course anything is possible.
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #22

I HIGHLY DOUBT a Meridian HD DVD player would be $199!!!!

I would guess it would be in the $5999 range or higher.
Old 12-04-2007   #23

I'd be surprised to see it go for any less than $6K, hell the G98 costs that!

I am wondering if it will have DVD-A and CD??

Who cares, if they make one, I'll hand my CC over and buy it knowing me!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
How can I be "wrong" if I just said "I seriously doubt?" They currently offer two versions of their DVD player - the G98DH and G98AH which list for $6995.00 and $7495.00. I seriously doubt they are going to introduce an HD-DVD or a Blu-ray player, for 50%-60% of the price of their current DVD player offerings. Of course anything is possible.
I had no idea the G98 had risen to that price range. I seem to recall it in the $4,500 range... but I remember it being raised to $6k and thinking "wow," and now it's $7k?

That just shows you what a brilliant buy it was when it first came out.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
598, audio, blu, download, dvd, firmware, g98, hd, make, makes, meridian, movie, player, players, ray, update