Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 12-08-2007   #49

Default Re: New Toshiba A35 HD DVD Player

Big change is that now i get HBR audio for internal decoding in the RX-V3800 and 24fps to my HC5000, same as with Panasonic BD30 my BD player.

Riddick, my first HDDVD is now in a whole new class both image (24fps 1080p on 110" screen) and sound wise (TrueHD via Yammy so monoblock amps, Paradigm Reference)
Bobpaule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #50

I was in Best Buy Saturday and Sony has two demonstrators in the store. One to push the
TV and one strictly to push the blue ray at the Demonstration Display. Toshiba has no one in the
stores. I don't know why. Even HP has a person pushing HP televisions.
PalmHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #51

I just bought my Toshiba A35. My initial impression is quite good. However, it is just a $500 player and to some extent is built as such. I does have a detachable power cord but the machine end uses a cheap plug precluding me from using my furutect/chord power cord. The remote is not back lid but this may be a mute point for those with universal remotes. Also it only has optical digital output (no coax). I have to run out and pay $120 for another optical cable to be used on a $500 machine. This does not make sense. I've also notice a little background noise when the machine is just on (not playing) compared to my old pioneer elite dvd player and also the PS3.
pfslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfslai View Post
Also it only has optical digital output (no coax). I have to run out and pay $120 for another optical cable to be used on a $500 machine.
That's a bit of an exaggeration there ... $120 dollars.

These cables work just as well and cost nowhere near that price.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...02&cp_id=10229

So now that the cable price has been cleared up, do you still feel the same way about the 500 dollar machine?
fucema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #53

Hello Gents, I am a new member who would like to gather some info about DVD players etc. I have some decent equipment but was told I need to update my cd/dvd player which currently is a classe 1. I have been told the sound quality is very good but the video quality is very poor. I was told by several people an esoteric 50 or 60 would be a good choice.

My current equipment is as follows Watt Puppy 7's with the Wilson Center watch, Krell HTS processor and the matching amp. JL audio 113 sub. LCD Sharp 52 inch Aquos. Classe 1 dvd/cd player.

I listen to stereo as well as home theater. I want to be able to watch movies with a very clear pic as well as great sound. Any recommendations on what I might or should consider as a new dvd/cd p;ayer would be greatly appreciated.

ty

merrill
mpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #54

I use an Esoteric DV-50s in my main rig amoungst other sources, it's a great player, though it will only output 480i/480p via DVI-D, the DV-60 I believe uses HDMI, not sure of it's upconversion quality.

I really like the DV-50s for audio and it is one of the best all around universal players I have had. I do slightly prefer my G98 DH through the Meridian 861 for DVD-A and CD though. The Meridian combo is a little more musical and smoother than the DV-50 which is a bit more precise, some would say analytical, but it's not that severe to merit that so I described it as I did. The Classe 1 isn't a bad machine. If you want movies to look their best, keep the Classe for CD's, and add an HD DVD or Blu-ray player for a couple hundred bucks, or better yet, add both for ~$600 and really be up to date.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
35, a2, a35, abt2010, austin, dvd, forum, hd, hdxa2, netflixs, player, plays, sacd, toshiba, tosibha