Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 11-19-2007   #43

Default Re: New Toshiba A35 HD DVD Player

Yes andrew, looking forward to the review. And Spearl8, that is one heck of an endorsement. DTS discs whether movies or music, sound great. Its good to know the A35 will play them.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Palm,

Jesus - you are a liberal. Its $99 for the player and $24 for the movies. C'mon.

After this post what do you say - we go pick fights with death treats and then get the forum shut down? Sound like Felonious fun?
Get Netflix 3 out $16/mo plus 35 hours/mo of "Watch It Now" to enjoy on your HTPC. They will allow HDDVD/BD without any additional fees.
Bobpaule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #45

Question Re: New Toshiba A35 HD DVD Player

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what Anchor Bay chip, the ABT1018 or ABT2010 comes inside the Toshiba HD-DVD EP-30 an EP35?
In the internet there is too much desinformation everywhere...

I'm more interested in the EP-35 model, that with hdmi 1.3a and deep color, in my opinion has to use the better ABT2010, because the other ABT1018 doesn't support this features for example, is this right?

From what I've read, this new ABT2010 is supposed to rival the Reon chip in the XA2

Thank you very much for your help
Vasco
vascopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #46

I have purchased an A35 and done some A/B comparisons with the A20, which I also own. I have a Denon 3803, so I can switch between them. I also have the internal scaler in the Denon OFF, so the Dnenon isn't doing anything to the signal.

Using the free copy of "The Bourne Identity" that came with the A35, and the current copy that I own, I could tell that the A35 is subtly better at detail and colors with the HD DVD disk. I also tried switching the copies between players to make sure it was not the disc. Same results. It is better at HD DVDs.

I also did the same with a standard DVD, the Superbit version of "The Fifth Element". The A20 was way better than the A35. The A20 also outperforms my new Panasonic player on standard DVDs. The Reon processor provided with the A20 does a really good job. The performance of the A35 on standard DVDs is way worse. So, I kept both the A20 and the A35.

Now my small issue is that the remote is exactly the same, so when I operate one, the other operates as well. DAMN.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #47

According to Toshiba, for I asked the same question when doing my HD-A35 review, the main Anchor Bay chipset found in the HD-A35 is the same as the HD-A20. There are a few other changes throughout the player that give it that slight "bump" in performance however, at their very core they are basically the same.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #48

Its a shame though, that both could not be good at playing both SD DVD`s and HD DVD`s. That is what we use these players for. I think kennyt is right, the XA2, though more, seems to be the overall best Toshiba player.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
35, a2, a35, abt2010, austin, dvd, forum, hd, hdxa2, netflixs, player, plays, sacd, toshiba, tosibha