Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 09-15-2007   #7

Talking Re: New Toshiba A35 HD DVD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
ottojg14,

What I mean is the SD DVD video output of this player is better than any DVD player I own! No one has produced an uber high end HD DVD nor Blu-ray player though they are in the pike.

HD DVD and Blu-ray clearly beat SD DVD, and has been discussed numerous times on the forum.
I certainly know that Blu-Ray and HD DVD beat regular SD DVD as I too was an early adopter! Your opinion that the Toshiba's SD DVD output beats $6K+ players in vid quality must have the poor manufactuers of those expensive players really worried?
ottojg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #8

Default Re: New Toshiba A35 HD DVD Player

I spoke to both the manufacturers and they seemed aware and were working on improving it. I think it simply comes down to a newer chipset with better processing.

Sonically I still prefer my 'older' transports.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #9

That is good to know. I have found that too with the newer the technology, sometimes the older equipment works better.
Old 10-12-2007   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I am curious to see what the third gen brings. I currently own the HD XA2 and it is an amazing player, the video out bests some $6K+ playerrs I own, it is really that good!
Yeah kennyt, that is the player you recommended me to purchase. But I was thinking about waiting myself for these new Toshibas to come out, myself. Just to see if there is anything, like a 1.3 type of feature, that would make sense to have now.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007   #11

I can't fault you for waiting for the upgrade....

I might want to trade up to it myself, but for now I am kind of burnt on swapping out players for these new formats. I am on my fifth player of Blu-ray and HD DVD already.....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #12

I heard through the grapevine that the A35 is going to have the killer DVDO chip in it. Can anyone confirm that?
bryan562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
35, a2, a35, abt2010, austin, dvd, forum, hd, hdxa2, netflixs, player, plays, sacd, toshiba, tosibha