Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 12-18-2007   #55

Default Re: New Toshiba A35 HD DVD Player

I really don't know much about the HD DVD and Blue Ray stuff. Where is a good source for me to learn about the differences etc. One question I do have is if I go buy a cheap HD/DVD like the Toshiba HD-A2, just as an example, how good will the sound quality be from such a low priced player?

thanks for your input?

merrill
mpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #56

Is the A35 a second gen player or 3rd generation? Also, can anyone tell me where I can get a list of the past and current generation Toshiba HD DVD players? Thanks
Renerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007   #57

Bought this player and was reading the manual when I came across something like this line.

(taken from Amazon site)
The HD-A35 also supports other surround sound audio standards including Dolby Digital Plus, DTS 5.1, and DTS HD (core only).

What the HELL is that I bought this one over the A-30 cause I was told that it was the only one that will do DTS-HD bitstream to only find out that it only does what is called core. My receiver can do it and now I find out it won't get the signal. THAT SUCKS!!!
Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Bought this player and was reading the manual when I came across something like this line.

(taken from Amazon site)
The HD-A35 also supports other surround sound audio standards including Dolby Digital Plus, DTS 5.1, and DTS HD (core only).

What the HELL is that I bought this one over the A-30 cause I was told that it was the only one that will do DTS-HD bitstream to only find out that it only does what is called core. My receiver can do it and now I find out it won't get the signal. THAT SUCKS!!!
It will pass the bitstream along fine.

It won't decode it and pass it along fully via the analog outputs.

Over HDMI it sens the signal fine as a bitstream.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008   #59

Some people think the XA2 from Toshiba is still the best. Its what I use and have had good luck with it so far.

I just switched it over to HDMI connection in my system reconfiguration and (knock on wood) have had NO ISSUES so far. No restarting the DVDO or the player.

People I know with the A35 have said it works well and I think the price has dropped quite a bit since its into.
Old 01-30-2008   #60

So post-Warner, at under $250, does it pay to buy the A-35 now, and get 5 free and about 25 other disks before its possible demise, or hold out until next year when likely BR reins only?
Blue-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
35, a2, a35, abt2010, austin, dvd, forum, hd, hdxa2, netflixs, player, plays, sacd, toshiba, tosibha