Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 10-31-2007   #7

Default Re: HEROES on HD DVD

No comic book on the HD DVD. It does have Isaac's paintings in Hi-def and allows you to zoom in to explore the details. But you're right, it would have been nice to have the comic book. I didn't check the online features of the HD DVD disc. I know there are trailers on whatnot available but maybe the comic book is there. But then why not just use the computer to go online.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #8

Is the original garbage disposal scene anywhere in the box set? It was supposed to be permanently removed after airing, but it would seem an easy fix by having them scrub the name off the disposal with computer effects.
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #9

The scene is definitely in the HD DVD. I didn't pay close enough attention to whether the name was on the sink. I don't see what the big deal about it is. A garbage disposal chews stuff up. What's the difference whether someone stuck their hand in there versus someone despositing a bunch of left over food down the sink? I tell ya, people will sue over anything if they think they can make a buck. Do you know what the outcome of that lawsuit was?
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #10

I believe that pulling the scene forever was the settlement but don't know if there was any money involved.

The main issue, as I'm lead to believe is that they used a garbage disposal with a visible brand name like the "In-Sink-erator" or something and of course, that company is horrified that there would be people stupidly re-enacting the scene and getting hurt, then suing the company for showing that they couldn't be hurt by putting their hand in the garbage disposal...or giving the company's product a patina of danger and scaring potential customers away.
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
def, hddvd, heroes, paintings, quality