Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 08-15-2007   #1

Default What concert video do you most want to see on HD DVD?

My vote would be the Rush R30 tour, or the Snakes and Arrows tour since you know they had to have filmed it in HD.

"I'm Geddy Lee and I'll sing whatever lyrics I want!"

- Eric Cartman of Lil' Rush
Old 08-16-2007   #2

Default Re: What concert video do you most want to see on HD DVD?

I vote for Peter Gabriel's "Growing Up Live". INHD showed this a while back and it looks (and sounds) great!
D6500Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D6500Ken View Post
I vote for Peter Gabriel's "Growing Up Live". INHD showed this a while back and it looks (and sounds) great!
I saw a clip from that when at Boston Acoustics last week during one of their demos. PG is TRULY great and his live show which I have seen over the years is one of the few that has a chance to get me out of my house and to a stadium. So many great songs. I love Tony Levin as well. Not the haircut as much as the Chapman Stick. What a great sound coming from such an odd instrument.

Music/concert videos have less legal issues to release in HD and I think you will see more of them before video paired with traditional albums. They are easy to shoot and a good money maker for all parties involved. The music isn't as tight as in the studio but so what. If the emotion is there and you can fight the urge to buy a $40 t-shirt - then all the better.
Old 08-17-2007   #4

Frank Zappa at Great McGonigle Seaside Park near Baltimore in 1973-4. I'm pretty sure it was filmed. If not that, then the current Genesis and/or Police concerts should provide some great visual and sonic perfection.
The Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #5

Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps", Pink Floyd's "Live at Pompei" and "The Wall", Jethro Tull's "Slipstream" and "35th Anniversary". These are all outstanding and should not be ignored. There are more I would like to see, but they are not absolute must haves.
eltabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #6

One of the few advantages of being over 50, is that I was able to see some of the best musicians ever, performing live and in their prime... in the late 60's, early 70's.

I was front-row center when Jimmy Page's wild-flinging violin bow almost hit me in the head... I literally fell out of my seat when Pink Floyd fired off a REAL cannon in the middle of One Of These Days... and I almost fell out of the balcony of the Grande Ballroom in Detroit, when Carl Palmer unloaded the most impressive drum solo I have ever seen.

And #1 on my list for a new HD-DVD with Hi-Rez 5.1 audio, is the 1974 California Jam by Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Keith Emerson riding his enormous Hammond keyboard around the stage...Palmer's extremely swift and creative drum riffs... plus Greg Lake's voice in his prime... those were the days!

I'd love to re-live that performance with perfect video and audio clarity... and maybe this time, without the drugs.

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
calif, carl, com, concert, concerte, drum, floyd, hd, hddvd, hdtv, jam, palmer, pink, solo, video, videos