Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   HD DVD Software & Hardware (http://www.avrev.com/forum/hd-dvd-software-hardware-50/)
-   -   I ordered a Toshiba XA2 (http://www.avrev.com/forum/hd-dvd-software-hardware/385-i-ordered-toshiba-xa2.html)

JerryDelColliano 08-03-2007 06:19 PM

I ordered a Toshiba XA2

My XA1 died. $1,000 plus tax plus installation plus the programmer to make it work on the crestron. The HDMI never really worked right. THe drawer had erectile disfunction. I might have watched 20 movies on it.... Then it started making GOD-AWFUL sounds and died days later.

And with all of that said - there is NO WAY I am going to be with out HD DVD. No WAY...

I have to wait for the custom faceplate to arrive from Middle Atlantic for my rack and I will have the guys come over and hook it up. I might be broke but at least I got some good video!!! :)

deacongreg 08-03-2007 07:01 PM

Re: I ordered a Toshiba XA2

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 1604)
My XA1 died. $1,000 plus tax plus installation plus the programmer to make it work on the crestron. The HDMI never really worked right. THe drawer had erectile disfunction. I might have watched 20 movies on it.... Then it started making GOD-AWFUL sounds and died days later.

And with all of that said - there is NO WAY I am going to be with out HD DVD. No WAY...

I have to wait for the custom faceplate to arrive from Middle Atlantic for my rack and I will have the guys come over and hook it up. I might be broke but at least I got some good video!!! :)

You have got to be feeling a little snake bitten. First, the Mark - Lev Meridian problem. Then, your headphones, and now your Toshiba HD DVD player. I guess the notion that I always thought that maybe as a reviewer also, that the manufacturer would make sure the unit they send would definitely work, is not so!!
That is just me, I`ve always thought that. But, i guess it is like anything else.

kennyt 08-03-2007 07:29 PM

Dude!

The XA2 is pretty good functionally and has HDMI 1.3.

You should be OK with it for a while.... I just watched Alpha Dog on mine, decent movie, excellent player!

mikek58 08-05-2007 01:35 PM

I got my xa2 from Amazon $ 533.00
I have just a few quirks.
MY picture is awesome !!!!!
Samsung 50 Plasma 1080I handles very nicely
Upconversion on standard discs beeter then most upconverts out there.
Quirks.

I've had to unplug set just a few times when it "FROZE UP" for no apparent reason.
Unpluged it and all was fine.
I orderded Discovery Atlas HD-DVD Australia form Amozon both copies did not play on player. The player completely froze and would not play any other discs.
But I unplugged it and all was fine.
Itsa great machine so far.
I just watched 300 on it and was blown away no difficulties.

JerryDelColliano 08-05-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikek58 (Post 1706)
I got my xa2 from Amazon $ 533.00
I have just a few quirks.
MY picture is awesome !!!!!
Samsung 50 Plasma 1080I handles very nicely
Upconversion on standard discs beeter then most upconverts out there.
Quirks.

I've had to unplug set just a few times when it "FROZE UP" for no apparent reason.
Unpluged it and all was fine.
I orderded Discovery Atlas HD-DVD Australia form Amozon both copies did not play on player. The player completely froze and would not play any other discs.
But I unplugged it and all was fine.
Itsa great machine so far.
I just watched 300 on it and was blown away no difficulties.

Thanks for the great feedback.

I am a little bitter my XA1 didn't last longer. $1000 should get me more than one year.

kennyt 08-05-2007 03:38 PM

Hey Jerry, in some neighborhoods a 'G' gets you only a few hours....