Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 09-19-2008   #1

Default which receiver??

I want to purchase either some used NHT 3.3's or NHT classic fours.I have about 1300 to spend on a receiver and i'm wanting to keep it down to one componet hopefully with 7.1 or 5.1 surround.Dont really have the cash for pre-amps and high end gear etc. etc. One peice of gear that caught my interest is the marantz SR6003.I'm unable to determine if this unit has 6 ohm capability as if i recall most or all NHT speakers are 6 OHM.Is this unit a good choice? Or perhaps i should match the marantz with some klipsch RF-7's or old school Lascalas off of EBAY?Basically my choice of speaker is either the NHT's i mentioned or vintage lascala's or RF-7's.NHT first and if i cannot find a unit that will work well with the NHT speakers within my budget then i need to decide which klipsch speaker to mate with the marantz for mainly music playback by CD IPOD,and Phono
profchaos71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #2

Default Re: which receiver??

The Onkyp TX-SR806 is an excellent choice. 130 watts x7, 5 HDMI sources, Faroudja DCDi Cinema, THX Ultra 2 certified, this receiver will do what you want. Pricing roughly around $1, 099.99. Hope that helps.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
33, av, classic, good, klipsch, marantz, match, matching, nht, onkyo, pricing, receiver, reciever, speakers, sr6003, vintage