Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 08-27-2008   #7
wes

Cool Re: HD DVD - the best deal in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
Once again, HD DVD still beats the hell out of DVD. I will not buy dvds anymore.
Agreed, but it is still dead technology like betamax, laser discs, mini discs, DAT tape, 8 track tapes, VHS and so on....

Quote:
HD DVDs are now at Fry's in $8 - $12 range which is a great deal especially for HD media.
This is exactly where Blu Ray needs to be in pricing, then it will take off and replace DVDs

Quote:
We bought 10 HD DVDs last week which included the MI and Matrix trilogies for ~$27/trilogy.
Matrix Trilogy in Blu Ray $90 hello! Who are the people who are going to spring for a 10+ year old movie, not me!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #8

Default Re: HD DVD - the best deal in HD

While I agree that Blu-Ray movie prices are too high your dreaming to think they'll be $8-$12, you can't buy new release DVD's at that price.
You can get deals on Blu-Ray movies, I have around 130 Blu-Rays & 95% were bought on sale with an average price of around $17.

I'm glad you guys are getting great prices on hd-dvd movies but eventually they will be expensive coasters when your players crap out.

If it was me I'd not buy any more hd-dvd movies & save up for the inevitable 2 for 1 sales this holiday season on Blu-ray movies.
I'm sure there will be a big push to sell players & movies this year.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #9

I think that by the time my 3 players die, I will have had plenty of time to enjoy all the HD DVD movies that I have. I still prefer to buy blu-ray, but not when the same title can be had on HD DVD for 1/3 or less the price of the blu-ray title.

Also, I saw at Fry's (for you X-box users) that they are selling the HD DVD drive for X-box for ~$39.

Last edited by rlpiii; 08-27-2008 at 11:28 AM..
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #10
wes

Cool Re: HD DVD - the best deal in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
While I agree that Blu-Ray movie prices are too high your dreaming to think they'll be $8-$12, you can't buy new release DVD's at that price.
You can get deals on Blu-Ray movies, I have around 130 Blu-Rays & 95% were bought on sale with an average price of around $17.
130 Blu rays at $17 whoa I am impressed, where did you buy them!

I bought a few blu rays from Frys at $13. Stargate, Terminator 2, ID4, and a few others. Amazon is still pricey even with 40% discount $25 average

Quote:
I'm glad you guys are getting great prices on hd-dvd movies but eventually they will be expensive coasters when your players crap out.
Agree why invest in an old technology, I have a DAT that is not working anymore and tapes I can't play either!!

Quote:
If it was me I'd not buy any more hd-dvd movies & save up for the inevitable 2 for 1 sales this holiday season on Blu-ray movies. I'm sure there will be a big push to sell players & movies this year.
Let's hope so, I heard WB is supposed to lower prices they will have to if they want to move merchandise
Old 08-27-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
130 Blu rays at $17 whoa I am impressed, where did you buy them!

I bought a few blu rays from Frys at $13. Stargate, Terminator 2, ID4, and a few others. Amazon is still pricey even with 40% discount $25 average
I buy almost all my Blu-Ray movies online at Amazon, Tower, JR, Deep discount, etc.
The only movies I have that were not on sale were new release movies & those were still much less than the cost at a B&M store, all the rest were bought on sale & at buy 1 get 1 & buy 2 get 1 free.
If you keep an eye out for sales you can get them at good prices.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #12
wes

Quote:
I buy almost all my Blu-Ray movies online at Amazon, Tower, JR, Deep discount, etc.
The only movies I have that were not on sale were new release movies & those were still much less than the cost at a B&M store, all the rest were bought on sale & at buy 1 get 1 & buy 2 get 1 free.
If you keep an eye out for sales you can get them at good prices.
What do you think of movie servers!
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, audio, blupray, deal, dvd, forum, hd, home, lg, link, money, photoshop, revolution, theatre, twilight