Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

View Poll Results: Why did Toshiba Drop the Ball with HD-DVD?
Not enough industry infrastructure before launch! 1 7.14%
Insufficient handling of Studios Film and TV Inventory (released the wrong titles) 2 14.29%
Too much competition from Sony BluRay 1 7.14%
Unfortunate Events! 0 0%
Too much Studio Support - That kept changing! 2 14.29%
No (or insufficient) allegiance with Microsoft and/or Apple, perhaps even Intel or Nintendo. 0 0%
Blind sited stupidity? 1 7.14%
Not enough storage space 1 7.14%
They were the only company marketing and manufacturing their own format! 5 35.71%
Who cares? It was never going to happen, anyway! Sony is King of BluRay!!! 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2008   #13

Exclamation Re: Why did Toshiba really drop the HD-DVD Ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbug View Post
Where's the poll option for "not paying studio executives enough payola"?
"PRICELESS!"

Debit MasterCard - It's that good!

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #14

Default Re: Why did Toshiba really drop the HD-DVD Ball?

Listen, like it or not, Blu-Ray is in. Toshiba is out. And after the way they handled things with customers who bought their HD DVD players, they should not even get anymore press.

Lets move on!!!!!!! Terrible customer service.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Listen, like it or not, Blu-Ray is in. Toshiba is out. And after the way they handled things with customers who bought their HD DVD players, they should not even get anymore press.

Lets move on!!!!!!! Terrible customer service.
Perhaps so. But certain BD titles take significantly longer to load in most players (particularly early ones) than any HD-DVD title ever pressed (so far).

Personally, my HD-DVD experience has been mostly flawless since it's release, and much closer to my DVD and CD experiences over the last few decades - smooth, quick, and reliable.

How many times have you put a BD in a player and had to wait more than 2 minutes to get passed the "Loading" dialog?

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kipnis Studios View Post
Perhaps so. But certain BD titles take significantly longer to load in most players (particularly early ones) than any HD-DVD title ever pressed (so far).

Personally, my HD-DVD experience has been mostly flawless since it's release, and much closer to my DVD and CD experiences over the last few decades - smooth, quick, and reliable.

How many times have you put a BD in a player and had to wait more than 2 minutes to get passed the "Loading" dialog?
Do not get me wrong Jeremy, I firmly agree. After much dialogue with Jerry and kennyt, I decided on HD DVD as well, based on just what you said, the players just worked, most of the time, without drama. Even Andrew and kennyt were getting frustrated with BD`s slow loading times, and especially those firm ware updates!!

My statement was based on the fact that, now that the format war is finally over, lets improve, and get better with BD. There here, Toshiba is not.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
ball, beat, blu, dvd, fail, hd, ray, toshiba, video