Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 04-13-2008   #25

Default Re: Toshiba HD DVD players still selling @ Circuit City

I doubt we'll ever see such a player, even SOny themselves have abandoned SACD, and Meridian only makes DVD-A in the 800 and 808 players.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #26
wes

Cool Re: Toshiba HD DVD players still selling @ Circuit City

I am not ready to throw the towel yet! Let see what happens next year
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
You are 100% right but I don't know of any Blu Ray player or HD-DVD either yet that can do DVD A and SACD, maybe for you SACD is dead but not for me and a lot of other audiophile it is not.

www.sa-cd.net has over 5176 SACDs, yes geared towards classical 2878 mostly but also Jazz 904 and a llot of others to make up to 5176 SACDs.

So the wish would be a blu ray player from who ever that can upscale DVDs as well as the yes the OPPO 983 with SACD (DSD), DVD-A, DVD, CD, WAV, FLAC and all the new codec DTS Master Audio, Dolby Tru HD and so on...
The Playstation 3 (80G-60G & 20G) will play Blu-Ray, SACD, CD, DVD upscaled, Dolby True HD & DTS-HD-MA.
You can bet no Sony product will ever play DVD-A though!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #28

If the music companies would support Blu-ray audio, we could have superior sound to DVD-A or SACD and they would have copy protection......
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
If the music companies would support Blu-ray audio, we could have superior sound to DVD-A or SACD and they would have copy protection......
I have to say, I kinda lean toward kenny on this one. During the format war, I stated then, that we needed a true "Universal Player"right then, that also played dvd-a and sacds. The only reason to buy an Oppo, or universal player, is if you already have an existing sacd and dvd-a library. Then, you will have at minimum, two players, a universal, and a blu-ray, or Sony PS3. And if your current universal is an older one, the Oppo is a good choice.

Otherwise, just buy a Blu-Ray.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, circuit, city, dvd, dvda, flac, furniture, hd, md, online, player, players, sacd, selling, sells