Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-19-2008   #1

Default LG Sticking With HD DVD: Dual Format Players

LG sticking with Dual format players

Seeing ponies where Toshiba sees death, LG isn't letting go of HD DVD just yet. They're going to keep popping out dual format HD DVD/Blu-ray players (launching new ones even), scraping up the remaining dregs of HD DVD and easing HD DVD adopters' transition into this brave new Blu world. It might seem like they missed the memo, but if you ask who's crying now, it's not anyone with a dual format player.

"LG believes that at this present moment in time, it is necessary to provide a player which supports both formats and therefore create simplicity and convenience for the existing HD DVD consumer."

"With the recent announcement from Toshiba, Blu-Ray will now be the format that will pave the way for high definition movies, however this does not rule out HD DVD immediately as there are still a number of consumers who have chosen HD DVD and begun to build a HD DVD collection."

"Overall LG is still excited about the future of this market, LG has always set out to lead high definition players and will continue to do so with more technology evolutions and hybrids which will launch in due course."
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #2

Default Re: LG Sticking With HD DVD: Dual Format Players

I really like my BH100 and BH200 even though I am not very fond of any other LG products. I am glad to hear that they will keep releasing dual format players seeing how I have media on both formats. Buying a dual format player might also help soothe the sting for those that invested exclusively in HD DVD.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #3

I think Toshiba would be smart to start making combo players so the folks who bought their format, and media will be supported for years to come.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #4

The thing is how many people are going to shell out $1000 for a dual format player when they've just been burned by hd-dvd?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
The thing is how many people are going to shell out $1000 for a dual format player when they've just been burned by hd-dvd?
The BH200 is only $799.00 pretty much everywhere. I did pay ~$1k a while back for the BH100. BH200 does multi-channel audio via HDMI which is what I needed.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #6

Post It's Official: HD DVD Is Dead...

From ExtremeTech Tuesday 02/19/2008:
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2264981,00.asp

Issue is mute, LG (and Samsung) can sell them as boat anchors.

Last edited by Ken S; 02-20-2008 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: URL Problem
Ken S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bluray, dead, disc, discs, dual, dualdisc, dvd, format, hd, lg, list, player, players, sticking