Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-07-2008   #7
rex

Default Re: HELP with Toshiba HD-DVD A35!!!!

I could not find a "mode" switch. What purpose does the switch have on the A2? Also, my cable is HDMI 1.3a certified (from monoprice). Thanks anyway, Lotus, for your suggestions. I would probably just go back to using the A3, but since I already sold it on EBay, I intend to experiment with different settings first. If I find a solution, I will post it here for the possible benefit of others who may encounter similar problems. (I do know that my receiver apparently somehow "detects" whether or not the TV is receiving the video signal, and shuts the audio off automatically, if not; which means that a video problem alone would account for the absence of audio too.)
I also wonder if Samsung's being in the BR camp might have something to do with this, though I know they also make combo players; this receiver is marketed as a "Blu-Ray receiver".

Last edited by rex; 02-08-2008 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: correction
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #8

Ok so the problem is with the Receiver. It's not allowing a signal that works with the TV.

Reset the output on the player to 1080p. See if the Receiver accepts that signal.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #9
rex

Default Toshiba HD-DVD A35 problem solved!

Lotus, Thanks again for all of your suggestions. Fortunately, I stumbled upon a simple solution. Apparently, the timing of activation of components is critical to the "handshaking" necessary for things to work right. I found that the receiver needs to be turned on when both the TV and A35 are already loaded up and running, and set to the corresponding input/outputs. This effectively means I may have to power the receiver off, and then back on for everything to work. A simple solution, but who would have known? I am still baffled as to why this prodecure is not necessary with the A3.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #10

Default Re: Toshiba HD-DVD A35 problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
Lotus, Thanks again for all of your suggestions. Fortunately, I stumbled upon a simple solution. Apparently, the timing of activation of components is critical to the "handshaking" necessary for things to work right. I found that the receiver needs to be turned on when both the TV and A35 are already loaded up and running, and set to the corresponding input/outputs. This effectively means I may have to power the receiver off, and then back on for everything to work. A simple solution, but who would have known? I am still baffled as to why this prodecure is not necessary with the A3.

Because the A3 isn't using HDMI 1.3 outputs more than likely since it's a 1080i unit.

This is the problem with HDMI: HANDSHAKE ISSUES!!!!

It's a beautiful idea: One Cable Solution.

Poorly executed.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #11

i have a HD A3 toshiba and i download the firmware recently and i continue to reproducing 1080IHD this is weard,some people say the new firmware is convert to HD A3 to HD A35 and reproducing 1080I to 1080P HD, my PLAYSTATION 3 [in blu ray ] reproduced the movies to 1080P/24HD this is a cheap player too,some people to tell me at toshiba HD DVD reproduced 1080PHD I CAN'T believed i know this format is a good technology but is not take a good resolution than blu ray.
luisranger2bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
a35, av, cables, dvd, forums, handshaking, hd, hdmi, hdtv, htas720s, samsung, set, settings, setup, sony, toshiba