Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-06-2008   #31

Default Re: Onkyo dropping HD-DVD support

Back to my Captain Jack Sparrow comment Moose "You need to find yourself a girl mate!" Seriously!!! There is life beyond the keyboard frantically searching the internet for hours trying to find any piece of anti hddvd news you can find.

Last edited by PRO-630HD; 02-06-2008 at 12:20 PM..
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
Back to my Captain Jack Sparrow comment Moose "You need to find yourself a girl mate!" Seriously!!! There is life beyond the keyboard. Get out of the box.
The same advice I'm giving Moose I'll give to you: Quit enticing people while the War is going on. This post of yours isn't nice in the least.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #33

Lotus,
I had quit responding to your posts because of your attitude & personal attacks on me but this is just over the top even for you!
After your previous personal attacks on me & this completely biased response towards me in this thread I would rather you just ignore me in the future as I don't care to deal with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
There is no reason to treat a new poster like this at all. They gave you very polite advice that you should take. Quit enticing people while this War is still going on. Onkyo dropping HD DVD is less a deal than RCA not releasing a 2nd Gen player. While it is news, it has very little to do with the war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gal View Post
If you really feel that way why are you starting a thread in the HD DVD section you know will get that response? Your a Blu-Ray fan but yet posting stuff to get them to bite. Go back to BR.com or better yet go watch some of your own 1080p movies?
"Go back to BR.com"
Oh yea very polite advice there!

Quote:
If you just posted news and left it at that then these people wouldn't be getting upset. The problem is you attack people and then when called out on it attack them right back.
Every post of mine in this thread after my original post was to defend from an attack.
Go back & actually read this thread & tell me who is attacking who.
They can't attack the story because it's not something I made up, it's right there in the link so they attack the messenger instead.

Quote:
"You guys just need to move on and quit "whining," that the wrong format is winning and just enjoy the 1080p movies."

That is an attack. She didn't respond to your news, she responded to your rude opinion. Her response was classy in comparison.
No that was not an attack, that was frustration for having to defend myself from attacks for posting a news story!
That is not a rude opinion either, go back in a bunch of these threads & see how many people are complaining about Blu-Ray & how the "better format" is losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gal View Post
If you really feel that way why are you starting a thread in the HD DVD section you know will get that response? Your a Blu-Ray fan but yet posting stuff to get them to bite. Go back to BR.com or better yet go watch some of your own 1080p movies?
So because I support Blu-Ray gal decides that I'm therefore banned from ever posting anything in the HD-DVD section even if it applies directly to HD-DVD & then told to "Go back to BR.com" a site I've never been to!
In what bizarro world is this classy?

Quote:
I don't see anyone "whining," about BD doing well. They are upset about HD DVD not doing well. That is entirely different and something you need to try and understand. ONE MILLION investors in something are upset about how their product is being treated.
Then you have a selective memory or you just are not really reading these forums, they are whining that Blu-Ray is doing well!
Ask 1more4HDDVD, he'll tell you the wrong format is winning.
Listen to them talk about profiles, bad transfers, firmware updates, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum because they think HD-DVD was the better format & Blu-Ray shouldn't be winning.
Those "ONE MILLION investors" are upset at the wrong people!
If HD-DVD was the superior format then they need to be upset at Toshiba for blowing it.
Toshiba extended the war last summer by buying off studios when it looked like they were going under, don't complain if Blu-Ray did the same thing!
This was HD-DVD & Toshibas failure, don't blame Blu-Ray & Sony because they did a better job of promoting their format.

For the record, I am not a Blu-Ray fanboy, I am a HDM fan, I didn't care who won this war, I chose to buy Blu-Ray because of the PS3 support which meant I wouldn't be left without a player in a few years because of the requirement that all PS3 games be on Blu-Ray Discs.
If this war had gone the other way I'd have gone & bought a HD-DVD player & started buying HD-DVD movies.
I wouldn't have screamed & yelled that the wrong format won & refuse to buy it & instead wait for HD downloads.

I want HD content & I want it now!
The sooner there is a winner the better, right now that looks like Blu-Ray.
The sooner there is only 1 HD format the better it will be for HDM.
It needs to get widely accepted soon so it can not just survive but thrive alongside DVD & HD downloads.
If Toshiba thinks they can win the war they need to do something & now!
If the know they can't win they need to fold & not hang on out of spite just to cause confusion & destroy HDM.

Now please, feel free to comment on the story & refute it if you can find the facts to back it up but quit attacking the messenger because you don't like what your reading.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
Back to my Captain Jack Sparrow comment Moose "You need to find yourself a girl mate!" Seriously!!! There is life beyond the keyboard frantically searching the internet for hours trying to find any piece of anti hddvd news you can find.
Dude you need to get off my back & find a way to accept the facts.
I happen to be a well informed person, I listen to all kinds of tech news because it interests me.
I read stories online & in magazines & newspapers & I watch & listen to podcasts that deal with tech & they just haven't had anything but bad news about HD-DVD lately.
It's too bad that seems to offend you, I guess all of your hours of "frantically searching the internet" for good news about HD-DVD is leaving you quite frustrated!

Find some facts to challenge me with if you can, you are stooping pretty low with childish comments.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
the sooner it dies the better it will be for HDM.

Quote:
I just don't understand fanatics

Quote:
You guys need to move on instead of whining that the "wrong format" is winning & just enjoy the 1080p movies.

Quote:
start contributing to this forum instead of just complaining.
Moose, please read the above and tell me that is not enticing people, calling them names, and asking for a fight. You replied to me:

Quote:
That is not a rude opinion either, go back in a bunch of these threads & see how many people are complaining about Blu-Ray & how the "better format" is losing.
The problem here is Moose it wasn't in this thread. Nobody was talking about BD in this thread. So a user is reading this thread and reads your rantings and tells you to take your own advice or post somewhere else. That was classy in comparison to you calling them fanatics, whiners, and gloating.

Twice in this thread I've called out Pro630HD for acting poorly as well. There is no need to tell you to get a girl.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #36

Does this forum have an ignore list?
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bringing, doesnt, drop, dropping, hddvd, onkyo, pc, quit, quote, robert, sound, stuff, support, video, zahn