Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-05-2008   #25

Default Re: Onkyo dropping HD-DVD support

If I were Toshiba and Microsoft, I would target 2 studios that would most likely flip, offer them the best financial package I possibly could and promise them HD DVD drives in every new Xbox & $99 standalones.

If they take it, great, there will be tons of HD DVD hardware out there and with 4 major studios supporting they would have a legitimate shot at winning. If not, they tried their best, but it wasnít meant to be, call it a day.
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #26
gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post

You guys need to move on instead of whining that the "wrong format" is winning & just enjoy the 1080p movies.
If you really feel that way why are you starting a thread in the HD DVD section you know will get that response? Your a Blu-Ray fan but yet posting stuff to get them to bite. Go back to BR.com or better yet go watch some of your own 1080p movies?
gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gal View Post
If you really feel that way why are you starting a thread in the HD DVD section you know will get that response? Your a Blu-Ray fan but yet posting stuff to get them to bite. Go back to BR.com or better yet go watch some of your own 1080p movies?
This is news about HD-DVD, where else would I post it?.
One of the only companies besides Toshiba to make HD-DVD players stops making them, that's news.
If I'd have posted this in the Blu-Ray section you would have whined about that too.

I have never been to BR.com.

From all 5 of your posts you are obviously a HD-DVD supporter, so if this kind of news bothers you perhaps you should find a nice HD-DVD fan site & hide out there while this all gets sorted out.
Or maybe you could start contributing to this forum instead of just complaining.

Oh & I have been watching my 1080p movies & I have been enjoying them too.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #28

Quote:
This is news about HD-DVD, where else would I post it?.
One of the only companies besides Toshiba to make HD-DVD players stops making them, that's news.
If I'd have posted this in the Blu-Ray section you would have whined about that too.

I have never been to BR.com.

From all 5 of your posts you are obviously a HD-DVD supporter, so if this kind of news bothers you perhaps you should find a nice HD-DVD fan site & hide out there while this all gets sorted out.
Or maybe you could start contributing to this forum instead of just complaining.

Oh & I have been watching my 1080p movies & I have been enjoying them too.
Why donít you just admit that whenever there is bad news about HD DVD, you run to your computer to post about it? Please spare us, donít pretend youíre just passing along the news. When you failed to see the HD DVD Super Bowl commercial, you couldnít get online fast enough to let everyone know.

There have been 4 or 5 people to ask you to cut it out and all you do is tell them to leave the site if they donít like it. As if itís your place to tell others to leave the siteÖ

Your agenda is clear. You go into HD DVD forums for the sole reason of posting bad news. Itís annoying.
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1more4HDDVD View Post
Why donít you just admit that whenever there is bad news about HD DVD, you run to your computer to post about it? Please spare us, donít pretend youíre just passing along the news. When you failed to see the HD DVD Super Bowl commercial, you couldnít get online fast enough to let everyone know.
Ok the super Bowl had been over quite a while when I posted that info, heck the post game show was over when I posted that!
Oh & it wasn't that I "failed to see the HD DVD Super Bowl commercial" it's a fact that it wasn't a national commercial & it did not play in my area.
I don't have to pretend I'm passing on news when that's exactly what I'm doing, the fact the news upsets you so much is your problem not mine.

Quote:
There have been 4 or 5 people to ask you to cut it out and all you do is tell them to leave the site if they donít like it. As if itís your place to tell others to leave the siteÖ
When I'm told by someone to "go back to BR.com" a site I've never been to or attack me for posting truthful information just because they don't like that information I feel perfectly fine telling them to go back to whatever HD-DVD fan site they belong to.

Quote:
Your agenda is clear. You go into HD DVD forums for the sole reason of posting bad news. Itís annoying.
Just where do you suggest I post news about HD-DVD or do you think only good news be allowed here?
I put up links to every story I quote so you can verify the information, it's not like I'm making this stuff up or quoting an unverifiable source.

It's your agenda that is clear to me, the only place you have ever posted on this forum is in a thread about HD-DVD, even your screen name shows you have an agenda.
Feel free to ad your own facts, prove what I'm posting is wrong if you can do it in a civilized manner, but quit busting my chops for posting the facts just because you don't like the facts.

In the words of Jack Nicholson it sounds like "You can't handle the truth" that's your problem & that's very annoying.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #30

Quote:
There is no reason to treat a new poster like this at all. They gave you very polite advice that you should take. Quit enticing people while this War is still going on. Onkyo dropping HD DVD is less a deal than RCA not releasing a 2nd Gen player. While it is news, it has very little to do with the war.

If you just posted news and left it at that then these people wouldn't be getting upset. The problem is you attack people and then when called out on it attack them right back.

"You guys just need to move on and quit "whining," that the wrong format is winning and just enjoy the 1080p movies."

That is an attack. She didn't respond to your news, she responded to your rude opinion. Her response was classy in comparison.

I don't see anyone "whining," about BD doing well. They are upset about HD DVD not doing well. That is entirely different and something you need to try and understand. ONE MILLION investors in something are upset about how their product is being treated.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bringing, doesnt, drop, dropping, hddvd, onkyo, pc, quit, quote, robert, sound, stuff, support, video, zahn