Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-05-2008   #13

Default Re: Onkyo dropping HD-DVD support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
You guys need to move on instead of whining that the "wrong format" is winning & just enjoy the 1080p movies.
Finally you have said something that makes sense!! I haven't been the one trying to find the most miniscule piece of anti hddvd fud and pushing it on others. If you had an hddvd player you would be enjoying it as well. Both provide an excellent means of entertainment. I have not been dogging the great looking bluray discs they have made as of late. I have been perturbed at the BDA's lack of trying to mainstream their product since the Warner announcement. Their player profiles are a disaster though.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
Finally you have said something that makes sense!! I haven't been the one trying to find the most miniscule piece of anti hddvd fud and pushing it on others.
This is news not FUD even though HD-DVD supporters might not like it, it affects everyone that supports HD-DVD.
Onkyo was one of the only CE companies to build a HD-DVD player besides Toshiba.
The fact they may drop HD-DVD is something that people should know whether they currently own a HD-DVD player or are considering buying one.

Also FUD= Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt which is what many HD-DVD supporters are feeling right now.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
This is news not FUD even though HD-DVD supporters might not like it, it affects everyone that supports HD-DVD.
Onkyo was one of the only CE companies to build a HD-DVD player besides Toshiba.
The fact they may drop HD-DVD is something that people should know whether they currently own a HD-DVD player or are considering buying one.

Also FUD= Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt which is what many HD-DVD supporters are feeling right now.
FUD= F*cked Up Data. It's rude and obviously not what you're doing in the case of reporting that Onkyo is suspending their HD DVD plans.

However when people twist data to be more important than it is or to mean something else it becomes twisted and what many refer to FUD. It is generally done by people with an agenda and I know you don't have one to make HD DVD look bad. Everyone here needs to stop jumping the gun and assuming that someone with a difering opinion is using "FUD," tactics.

You claiming that Onkyo dropping HD DVD affects everyone that supports HD-DVD is nonsensical over exageration. How many units do you think Onkyo sold? How "big," was Onkyo in this entire process? It honestly affects nothing much at all as it was just a rebadged XA2 that was slightly tweaked.

It's right up there with the National Geographic decision: entirely not a big deal in a whole.

The only big deal will be Universal's upcoming announcement.

Last edited by Lotus; 02-05-2008 at 05:09 PM..
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #16

I guess you all don`t get it. Do you really think these are the kind of posts Jerry and Andrew are looking for. More name calling and arguing. I`ve already sugggested now what not to do.

But, you guys just keep on keeping on. Well.........................
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
I guess you all don`t get it. Do you really think these are the kind of posts Jerry and Andrew are looking for. More name calling and arguing. I`ve already sugggested now what not to do.

But, you guys just keep on keeping on. Well.........................
I'm trying to get the name calling and use of rude terms like "fanatics," and "FUD," stopped. I bring it up to both sides often lately. I read my post and realized someone could take my term "you," to mean "another poster," when I was describing what FUD was. So I changed the word to people, because I wasn't trying to imply anything about anyone.

I also don't believe anyone here is really "arguing," but pointing out that yes Onkyo suspending HD DVD is news, but not as big as "Universal to release BD," which we'll be hearing shortly.

Last edited by Lotus; 02-05-2008 at 05:07 PM..
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #18

FUD....

I have been called worse. Mostly by other AV publishers....

.... And they were likely right!!!
Sponsored Links

Tags
bringing, doesnt, drop, dropping, hddvd, onkyo, pc, quit, quote, robert, sound, stuff, support, video, zahn