Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-05-2008   #7

Default Re: Onkyo dropping HD-DVD support

Oh, it's not from Natural Born Killers!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
You forgot to put the question mark after the title like the article did since they do not know. The info I got back in Dec. was Onkyo was in the process of making a dual format player.

http://wesleytech.com/onkyo-suspends...d-support/542/

This applies only to the UK by the way. Robert Zahn was the noninsider with the info. So if you are producing a combo player as the above article strongly states does that mean you are dropping support for hddvd? I will let the Moose comb through the internet to find that out. In the words of Captain Jack Sparrow "You need to find yourself a girl mate!"
This hardly seem like a strong statement for a combo player!!

the Japanese manufacturer has hinted at a new high-def player coming later this year. The representative said that they would “unveil a new HD source later this year, but cannot confirm at this stage whether it will be an HD DVD, Blu-ray or combo device.”

Oh & I have a girl, you just need to wake up & smell the cofee!

I just don't understand fanatics I guess, if it was the other way around I'd be shopping for a HD-DVD player.
It's about the HDM for me, it didn't matter what color the case was.
I chose Blu-Ray simply because I have a PS3, I didn't plan to have almost 100 Blu-Ray movies by now but I do.
If Blu-Ray lost I'd still be fine because with the requirement that all PS3 games be on Blu-Ray I'll always have a player to watch them on.

You guys need to move on instead of whining that the "wrong format" is winning & just enjoy the 1080p movies.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Let's be friendly here!

Onkyo is SUSPENDING their 2nd Gen HD DVD player. The only way they will green light it again is if a 3rd Studio appears. This isn't really news but more common sense.
My understanding is they never had one in the works. We all know the 805 is a XA2 clone. Back in early Dec. way before the switch Robert Zahn said a combo player was in the works. He never mentioned a 2nd gen SAP.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
My understanding is they never had one in the works. We all know the 805 is a XA2 clone. Back in early Dec. way before the switch Robert Zahn said a combo player was in the works. He never mentioned a 2nd gen SAP.
They have their first "in house," player in the works (now suspended).
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
You guys need to move on instead of whining that the "wrong format" is winning & just enjoy the 1080p movies.
Maybe you should move on and quit trying to convince people the War is over until Universal makes it officially over sometime soon?

Can't you just wait and be nice to these people?

Because I know you'd be acting the same way if WB and FOX had gone to HD DVD. You'd be hoping that sales would pick back up and the PS3 could save it, etc. So let these guys have their hope. Universal is putting the screws to Toshiba/MS to do something fast. So you won't have to wait too long.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Universal is putting the screws to Toshiba/MS to do something fast.
Good. They should. As an HD DVD fan, I don’t want to see HD DVD merely survive, but make some moves to really get back in this thing. Go big or go home!
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bringing, doesnt, drop, dropping, hddvd, onkyo, pc, quit, quote, robert, sound, stuff, support, video, zahn