Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008   #37
BDP
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
Tell you what how about you give your new buddy a link to one of those 149.00 A30 players.
Unless you are refering to the "not a clearance" clearance at CC.(that is back to 199.00)

Still you may want to reread that previous post just so you know where you were wrong.

Nahh no need to give them links they already bought them at $149. They are more interested in the cheaper 2.0 bluray player links from you or the links that say HD DVD won't have new releases at the end of the year.

You didn't look hard enough if you think the A30 is still only to be had for $199. I never mentioned CC. Better push the dial forward on that time machine of yours, you will catch up...eventually.
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #38
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 120
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post
Nahh no need to give them links they already bought them at $149. They are more interested in the cheaper 2.0 bluray player links from you or the links that say HD DVD won't have new releases at the end of the year.

You didn't look hard enough if you think the A30 is still only to be had for $199. I never mentioned CC. Better push the dial forward on that time machine of yours, you will catch up...eventually.
For the last time reread the posts you are referring to, and nice ditch on finding the A30 for 149.00
__________________
FORMAT WAR COMPLETE.(finally!!)
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #39
BDP
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
For the last time reread the posts you are referring to, and nice ditch on finding the A30 for 149.00
I'm sorry, if I was ditching finding the A30 for $149 I would have had to been asked to find it in the first place. Did you ask me to find it for you?
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #40
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 938
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
And more consumers watch Blu-ray movies on that gaming machine than they do on stand-alones from either camp. So it's obviously a sword that cuts both ways. Suggesting that it's a significant contributor to the BD-movie-playback consumer experience isn't saying that it's a "BD Player only": it's just stating a fact.
Where do you come up with this stuff? If that was true which I don't believe it is since it goes against just about everything I've read including Sony statements then why would Warner choose BD? It goes against their statements about the unit. You love to lable people as FUD spinners and then you post this obviously unconfirmable statement.

Quote:
Also, sales for HDM software are ahead of DVD software sales at this point in DVDs life cycle. That's a good thing for HDM. Once the format war is laid to rest in the market (ie, Brick and Mortor stores) sales will see some profound growth.
Again where are you getting this? Point a link to number comparisons. Enlighten us! Don't however point to one title like "300," and expect us to believe that one title proves what the other 400 are doing. The numbers I've seen especially lately don't point to that at all. Why? Because HD-DVD software sales are DEAD and BD sales didn't improve much from the "Death of HD-DVD Software Sales," and your arguement seriously lacks merit.

The only thing that will springboard either HDM sales is "Security in the Format," and because of people saying DLC will win, etc. they're worried about making a purchase.

Quote:
Same with hardware. *** TOSHIBA *** lost money on their hardware because they owned royalities in HD DVD that would recoup the costs and they were willing to try to establish an HD DVD market no matter what they lost in the gamble. That's not true of many other manufacturers, and if Panasonic, Pioneer, and Denon had released HD DVD players, they'd have cost much more than Toshiba's players.
Toshiba lost money? Care to post a link to that? Toshiba may be losing money on the A35 but that's it. Are they making as much money as before? No.

Quote:
Again, it's not a format difference: it's a company difference.
It's a FORMAT difference. I know the cost of the current BD Laser Array and it's much more expensive than the HD-DVD tech. Bottom line is that HD-DVD can reach lower price points than BD.

Quote:
BD player prices will continue to fall. There will be 2.0 profile players Christmas of 2008 for $299. Wait and see.
So Panasonic who is hinting their BD 2.0 player may be as much as $800 is pricing with the thought that the unit will be 50% less in December? I don't think so. You're going to see two tiered pricing with 1.1 units around $400 and 2.0 around $600. With the 1.1 units getting around $250 with holiday sales.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #41
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 120
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post
I'm guessing he's basing it off the CES press release by Funai. This is funny though because most, "not all", bluray owners bash "cheap" players when it's HD DVD related. However being a "cheap" bluray player the supporters love it.

So come the end of the year Blu ray players will be cheaper but still not cheaper then a $149 A30 player which you can get today.
Notice you said by the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
Yes yes we all know you can get a player that is on life support for less than $150.00 .
It's hilarious how the HD DVD camp calls profile 1.0 obsolete but hold on dearly to their all but dead format player, at least those people will still be able to watch newly released movies by the end of 2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post
So you let me get this straight your saying and know for a "fact" HD DVD will have no more new releases by the end of the year?

or...

Is this just a fictitious response to a fact that I posted?
where did I say fact in my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
Sorry I don't recall reading any facts in your post.
Again see your first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post
Your right why don't you just provide me links to 2.0 bluray players that are cheaper then a A30. I just want to put them in my favorites so if someone else makes the same mistake I did, I can show them as well.
I didn't say anything about that?!?! But back to YOUR post you said by the end of the year not currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post
I'm sorry, if I was ditching finding the A30 for $149 I would have had to been asked to find it in the first place. Did you ask me to find it for you?
Oh come on I'm your new buddy you silly billy, so yes I asked you.
Since I've now showed you your error, I say sorry to everyone else here that has had to read through our little spat and with that I will now longer waste everyone's time by not responding to your posts unless they have something new to say.
__________________
FORMAT WAR COMPLETE.(finally!!)

Last edited by akbungle; 01-30-2008 at 01:21 PM..
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #42
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 938
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
where did I say fact in my post.
Quit posting your opinions as facts and label them your opinions please.

As much as you dislike it there are 1M HD-DVD player owners out there who may stumble across your "opinions," and think you know what you're talking about.

There has been no announcement from either Paramount or Universal about ditching HD-DVD. HD-DVD is starting a massive advertising campaign where their budget is in the 100s of millions. They plan on fighting it out.

So please unless you can prove otherwise don't post things like "HD-DVD won't be releasing software later this year," or other unprovable things and not state that they are your opinion and based on nothing but your gut feeling. UMD still gets new releases!

If you stopped that then maybe you wouldn't be getting into petty arguements with someone and making you look bad.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back to the Future: Part Two--Hovland Robinson_A Preamps (Audio & Video) 0 12-11-2007 06:15 PM
Back to the Future: Getting another Mark Levinson No. 40 JerryDelColliano Preamps (Audio & Video) 1 11-21-2007 05:25 PM
Mascot Fight - The Duck vs The Cougar bryan562 Off-Topic Posts 1 09-15-2007 08:51 AM
BACK LIGHTING deacongreg Remotes & System Control 4 08-30-2007 12:45 PM
Server is back up for Forum JerryDelColliano Discuss AVRev.com News 3 08-02-2007 05:14 AM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1